Twisted & Betrayed.

" In order to become a better person, you have to actually want to be a better person..."
- Reni. 💜

Liz's pov

I woke up this morning around 11, feeling great. I raised up in the bed and stretched. I looked over at Craig and he was still asleep. I kissed him on the cheek, I started to think about my life with Craig. I really love this man and I want to spend the rest of my life with him.
He let out a loud snore.
"Wow, good way to ruin a loving moment..." I whispered to myself. He must've been really tired, to be snoring loudly like that. I shook my head and got up out of the bed. I yawned and walked into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I went downstairs into the kitchen and started taking out food so that I could cook some breakfast for Craig. I pulled out a pan, but I heard a knock at the door. I walked out of the kitchen and through the living room...
"Who is it?" I asked, grabbing the doorknob.
"Layla." The person said. I thought to myself 'who the fuck is Layla.' I opened the door and she stood there with a child. I had the most confused look on my face. Then I came to a quick realization. It was my best friend Layla.
"Omg. Come on in..." I said, grabbing her into a hug. She picked up the little girl and came inside the house. I closed the door and locked it.
"Who is this?" I asked, referring to the little girl.
"My daughter, Alayna." She said, I looked at her like she had shit coming out her mouth.
"When did this happen?" I asked, shockingly.
" 5 years ago.." She said, laughing.
"But... 5 years ago... You was with Jawan right?" I asked, about 5 years ago.. Layla was in a real abusive relationship with Jawan, she was just a teenager at that. And this baby is just shocking the hell out of me.
"Yep, that's her dad." She said, and that didn't help it just made me even more confused.
"So, you're telling me.. Jawan is this baby's dad." I started to say. "Is he taking care of her?" I asked, she gave me a crazy look which showed that he doesn't take care of her.
"Well, when I found out I was pregnant.. Me and Jawan had just went through a break up, remember that?" She asked, I nodded my head and she continued. "My mamma threatened she would kill me if I ever talked to him again. I figured if he knew I was pregnant and had a baby on the way.. He wouldn't care anyways." She said,
"Damn Lay. You been raising her on your own?" I asked.
"Yes, I just had to get it on my own, working 2 jobs at once. Get off on one and have to go to the other one, then having my ma to babysit my child. I've thought about telling him ,but I'm scared of the outcome." She said, I totally agree and I know she used to be scared of Jawan period. I'm just glad she started fighting back. I know Jawan is a nothing ass nigga from the time he took advantage of me being drunk and had sex with me. I mean, this boy was stopping by my job, riding by my house and everything. He only stopped stalking me, because Craig whooped his ass.
"I think you should tell him, he might be a changed man." I said, seriously.
"I will, one day." She said,
"More like today." I said, laughing.
"Okay, okay.. Later on today." She said,
"So, are you seeing anybody?" I asked, changing the subject.
"Yes, his name is Trey." She said, smiling.
"Ooooo... Trey." I said, laughing. "How long have y'all been dating?" I asked,
"About 3 years." She said,
"That's good, y'all stay together?" I asked,
"Um.. That's what I need to talk to you about." She said.
"What's up?" I asked, seriously.
"I need a place to stay, in and out of different hotels is not cutting it." She said,
"Why don't you stay with him?" I asked, confusedly.
"It's a long story, we can save that story for another day." She spoke.
"Okay, well of course you can stay here." I said,
"Thanks, I really appreciate it Liz.." She said smiling.
"No problem, girl." I said. I heard Craig coming down the stairs. I looked back and he was smiling talking on the phone. He waved at us, once he got off the phone he stared at Layla.
"Is that Layla?" He asked, looking at me and then looking at her.
"Yeah, it's me Prod." She said, laughing.
"Oh, what's up girl!" He said, giving her a handshake.
"Nothing much..." She said. He nodded at her and walked into the kitchen.
He's going to be disappointed, because I didn't have anytime to cook, since Layla and Alayna showed up. He came out of the kitchen so fast.
"Babe, what's up with this?" He asked, holding up a empty pan I left on the counter. Layla laughed,
"I didn't have time. Sorry," I said, giggling a little.. He shook his head and walked back into the kitchen, then he walked back upstairs.
"Oops." I said, looking at Layla. She laughed and shook her head as well. "I'll be back.." I said, as I walked up the stairs. I went into the bedroom and sat next to Craig.
"You want me to get you something to eat?" I asked, him.
"Please..." He said, rubbing his stomach. I grabbed a jacket and slipped on some shoes. I walked downstairs and into the living room were Layla and Alayna was.
"Y'all want to ride to the store with me?" I asked.
"Yes." Layla's daughter said.
"Okay, little one." I said, smiling at her. Looking at Alayna, makes me realize how much I want to start a family and get married. Craig and I never got married, we were only engaged. I don't want to start a family when I'm old and grey, I think it's time, or the time is coming soon. I walked back up the stairs and into the bedroom.
"Baby, what you want to eat?" I asked,
"Nachos from Benny's..." He said, I rolled my eyes. Benny's was literally on the other side of town.
"Extra chilly and cheese right?" I asked. He always gets nachos, when I don't feel like cooking or when I haven't cooked.
"Aaaah, you know me so well." He said, smiling. I laughed and kissed him on the cheek.
"Be back, baby." I said, closing the bedroom door behind me. I walked downstairs and walking into the living room.
"Alayna has a car seat?" I asked, looking at Layla.
"Yep." She said,
"Okay, go put it in the truck." I said, she nodded and then went outside. I picked up Alayna and grabbed my phone and keys. We went outside and I locked the door behind us. I unlocked the truck doors. I handed her to Layla, then she put her in the back of the truck in her car seat. I got in the truck and so did Layla. I cranked up the truck and pulled out of my driveway and headed off to Benny's.
"So, you wanna tell me more about what's going on in your life?" I asked, while Alayna was playing a game on her iPod.
"Well, Liz. I'm an exotic dancer." Layla said,
"As in a stripper?" I asked, with my eyes wide as ever.
"Yes." She said, I looked at her like she had lost her damn mind, then I put my focus back onto the road.
"Really?" I asked, shaking my head.
"Yeah, that's how I met Trē. We were staying together, but I left." She said.
"Why?" I asked,
"Trē is a dope dealer, and I didn't know that up until a month ago. He's very aggressive and he gets so angry to the point where I feel like I'm dating another Jawan.." She said, the thought of that made me cringe.
"You talking about Trē Westbrook? That's who you date?" I asked, scared to hear her response.
"Yeah." She said, "you know him?" She asked.
"Everybody know him, he's the biggest dope dealer in the city." I said., "Come on, B. You got a baby now. That's your main priority. How you think she gone react when she get older and find out her mamma was a stripper and that you dated a big time drug dealer. That ain't right, Layla. You need to get your life together. " I said,
"I know and I'm trying to.. that's why I left Liz." She said, I nodded my head, and pulled into Benny's.
"Y'all want something out of here?" I asked them both.
"We're fine." Layla said, I nodded my head and I went in and paid and got Craig's favorite nachos.
"Lizzzzzz, hey girl." Shay said, walking towards me. I smiled and embraced her in a hug. "Getting nachos for Craig, ain't you?" She asked, looking down at my bag with his nachos in it.
"You know it, and what you here for? I thought you didn't like Benny's. " I spoke, laughing a little.
"I don't, hell.." She said, laughing. "Chris wanted me to pick him up some damn nachos." She said, rolling her eyes.
"Chrisssssss..." I said, batting my eyes, and smiling real hard.
"Liz don't start." She said, laughing.
"I'm not, but I will later." I said, seriously.
"Oh lord." She started to say, "Craig in the truck?" She asked, looking out the window.
"Naw, that's Layla and her baby girl." I said,
"Layla and her baby girl!" Shay said, with her eyes wide.
"That's right.." I said, laughing. She looked at me, stunned and then she glanced at the time on her phone.
"Let me go speak to her, before I leave. Bye girl." Shay said embracing me in a hug before she walked out. I watched her run to the truck like a little kid. I grabbed Craig an Arizona drink, and some starburst for Alayna and paid for it. I dropped it in the bag with the nachos sand left out. When I was leaving out I noticed Shay was leaving in a Lamborghini. I smiled at the thought that she's actually dating Chris and driving his car. So cute, I got in the truck and sat the bag down.,
"Shay is so beautiful, she has grown up so much." Layla said.
"Yes, she really has." I said, grabbing the starburst out my bag. I handed them to Alayna.
"Thank you." She said, smiling real hard.
"You're welcome, baby girl." I said, then I pulled off and headed back to the house.