Chapiter 39

-And... he continues... I name you queen Madison ! He says, grabbing my hand and kissing it gently.

He smiles at me and I feel my cheeks burning... He looks at me with his deep hazel eyes. A lock of hair is falling on his forehead, he is so cute ! How can I resist to him ?

Around us, I hear some girls giggling, and whispering « oooh ! ». Here they are, getting crazy about Shawn and I not even dating... A few tables away, I hear someone sighing loudly as I would have done in high school when two pupils would kiss each other in the queue for the canteen. Calm down,he's just kissing my hand !

-We should maybe get ready to go... we have an hour drive to my house.

-Yeah sure !

-I'm going to wash my hands, I'll join you back in a minute. I say, heading towards the bathroom, while he gets up to pay.

I open the door, head towards the sinks and start washing my hands.

-What do you think you are doing ? Someone asks behind me.

I turn around and notice a tall blonde girl, arms crossed, staring at me with a mean look.

-Shirley ? I didn't see you !

-I was waiting for you.

-What are you doing ? Stalking me ? Leave me alone !

-No! I will not leave you alone! She says, raising her voice and walking forward. I will not leave you until you leave Shawn !

-I don't care what you think ! You are not going to make me change my mind! Let us be!

-Oh no I won't ! She says, running towards me. Shawn is mine ! Don't you dare get near him again!

I honestly never saw someone with such an angry look in his eyes. Except maybe for the time Shawn rescued me... I see her hands coming for my face. I move away and she grabs my sleeve and pulls it to her.

*Riiiiiip !* Here she ends up with my dress's sleeve in her hands.

-Shirley have you gone mad ?! I scream.

-You are never getting near him. Ever. Again... she whispers.

Before I can even blink, she jumps on me. Her hands grab my throat and she pushes me against the wall.

-SH... I try to scream, but no sound comes out my mouth.

I can't breathe. I can't breathe, I can't.... I grab her face and try to push her back, scratch her, anything ! The air is seriously missing and my head gets dizzy, my forces are leaving me... I finally kick her in the stomach and she lets go.

I take a second to painfully breathe some air through my paralysed throat, but she won't let me go that easily. She grabs my arm and throws me against the sinks, creating a deafening racket. I am still missing air and don't have the energy to fight back. She comes closer again and I try to protect myself with my arms. She scratches them with her long sharp nails. That's it ! I'm sick of it!

-Won't you ever leave me alone !? I yell, trying to push her away.

She continues scratching me and I try to keep her away, when suddenly, she is violently pulled away by big strong arms. I see her struggling in Shawn's arms, and yelling.

-That's it ! That's enough! He shouts. He lets her down, and as she is about to jump on him, he slaps her so hard that she falls on the ground and finally gives up, painfully holding her sore cheek.

-Don't you ever come near Madison again! He screams. Is that clear? Leave us alone!

Then he walks to me and grabs my hands.

-Are you ok Maddi ? He asks with a concerned look.

-Yeah, I'm ok.

-Let me take care of your arms.

I look at my reflection in the mirror. Damn... Shirley didn't miss ! My arms are covered with bleeding scratches. Shawn takes off his jacket and gives it to me so I can cover my torn dress.

-Madison what is that?! He suddenly exclaims. Did she... did she strangle you ?

Around my neck, Shirley's fingers left big blue marks. That looks really horrible...

-Why do I always get myself into trouble Shawn ?

Tears start streaming down my cheeks, and I can't control them.

-Hey Maddi, that's not your fault !

He tries to make me focus, but I can't have clear thoughts. Why am I always creating trouble? In the middle of the night, on the red carpet, in the bathroom of coffee shops ? Why can't I just have a normal life? I'll only bring Shawn problems... That's why we're not dating. He knows that! How can I be so dumb ! Such a fool ! I am such a mess... He looks at me, but I just run out of the bathroom, out of the coffee shop. I run in the street. I wanna go far, far away, far from him, from Shirley, from the mess of my life...