Chapter 9

I look at my phone screen and see a text from... Connor, saying he won't be home before tomorrow at noon. At the end of the movie, I go to bed, upset that I didn't recieve a text from Shawn. I think I should take my distances. I always get more attached to people than they are to me, and I end up brokenhearted when they don't act like I expected them to. I don't want this to happen to me with Shawn...
So I go to bed and fall in a deep sleep

****(next day)
This morning, I could work at home, like most days actually. So I could sew my dress, start designing one on the thema of the planet Mars and now, I'm preparing lunch for Connor and I. I want to impress him, so I am cooking "boeuf bourguignon", a french recipe.
Nobody's in the house so I let the weird part of myself burst out: messy bun, shorts, oversized t-shirt and a wooden spoon as a microphone. "Shatter me" from Lindsey Stirling and Lzzy Hale is playing on my speaker and I sing along and dance in the kitchen. The moments when I'm alone and I can sing my voice out without caring about anyone hearing, are the ones when I feel the best.

"Somebody shine a light
I'm frozen by the fear in me
Somebody make me feel alive
And shatter me

So cut me from the line
Dizzy, spinning endlessly
Somebody make me feel alive
And... GODDAMN WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!!??"
I scream, seeing someone at the kitchen door.

-Well, no one answered and the front door wasn't locked, so I came in! Shawn says with a smile on his face.
-You nearly gave me a heart attack!!
He starts laughing out loud for a second, before looking back seriously at me.
-This was amazing Maddi, I didn't know you can sing!
-Oh. Thanks.
-I'm being serious. Your voice is exceptional. Will you sing again for me?
-Maybe... one day! I say, feeling my cheeks blush.
Omg he can't see that! I turn around to hide my burning cheeks from him but he walks to me.
-Anyway, I didn't come here to spy on your singing... I came to apologize. He says, grabbing my arm to make me turn around.
-Apologize for what?
-For yesterday night...
I can see on his face that he really means what he is saying. He looks sincerely sorry.
-I spent all my time with Shirley... we didn't join you and Brian... we didn't even notice when you left.
-It's Ok. I say, not wanting to make him feel bad, even if I'm a little hurt. We had both fun together in the kitchen.
-I'm really sorry... he adds. I invited you and I wasn't even there with you...
-I told you it's ok. Don't feel bad! I say, giving him a hug.
I feel his head laying on my shoulder and he sighs.
-Thank you Maddi, you are such a great person!
-You're welcome. Can I ask you something?
-Of course! Anything !
-Please never scare me like that, ever again!
I feel him chuckle, and than he breaks the hug. I felt good in his arms...
-Will you forgive me for this too?
-I nearly died! I laugh, pretending to have a heart attack. I don't know if I can forgive you that...😏
-What if tomorrow, you and Connor join Shirley and I for a coffee, and I pay your coffee?
-Deal! Coffee is sacred! You are forgiven!
He laughs and I give him a friendly punch in the stomach.
And at that moment, the kitchen door opens and enters....