Part 2, chapter 31

POV: Madison

Suddenly, the car stops and I can see the church at the end of the road. Everybody's already inside. The only person standing outside and walking to me is my dad. He smiles at me and looks at me with admirative eyes. He helps me out of the car as the puffy dress doesn't make it easy, and hands me my bouquet.

-You look lovely darling...

-Thank you.

-Your mother would be so proud of you, he says emotionally.

-I know...

He leans forward and gives me a warm hug. It feels so good to have my father with me tonight. I don't see him much now that I live in Canada, he and my brother still live in France.

My uncle walks to the church and enters through a small door. I can hear murmurs inside. Of course, if he enters the church, that means I am coming. I think of Shawn, he is inside, waiting for me in front of the altar.

-Come on sweetheart. Let's go !

My father gives me his arm and I pass mine under his as we walk together towards the entrance of the church. My heart races more and more at each step and when we finally stop in front of the huge doors, it feels like my heart drops, or flies away. I don't know. I am lost in all the emotions. This is happening! I turn around towards my father and see him wipe away a tear.

-I've never seen you cry before... I say emotionally, as I feel my tears coming too, that I just have to hold up.

He turns to me and puts a gentle hand on my cheek.

-You've never looked so beautiful. You know you'll always be my little girl...

-I love you dad.

He hugs me one last time, then puts down the veil over my face.

-It's time.

We get ready, and I tighten my arm around his as the doors finally open.

POV : Shawn

My mom leaves me at the altar and walks back to her seat after giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. There she is on the left, standing next to my dad. On the right of the aisle is Hugo, Maddi's brother, holding my beautiful Skyler in his arms. The seat next to him is empty, that's where his father will stand. His father, he is with Maddi right now. I can't wait for her to come. But at the same time, I am so nervous ! I am sure she will look lovely in her white dress! I chose a white shirt with a grey and a navy blue suit decorated with a small white flower. And of course, because I know Maddi loves them, a grey bow tie.

 And of course, because I know Maddi loves them, a grey bow tie

Suddenly, a clanking rings out in the church as the doors opens and the organ starts playing the bridal chorus. My heart stops as I look at the end of the aisle. Wow...

There she is, next to her father, all dressed in white, she takes my breath away. I can see her face under the veil as she looks at me. With tears in the eyes, I watch her slowly walk down the aisle, Aaliyah, Jane and Melody in front of her, and her long white train behind.

She finally arrives in front of me and her dad returns to his seat. Gently, I pick up her veil and flip it over to reveal her wonderful face. The way she stares at me makes my heart ignite. She is so beautiful, so precious! She is the mother of my child and she is about to become my wife! «I love you» she silently says, and I can read it on her lips. «I love you more» I answer. «Liar» I can guess on her lips again, which makes me chuckle.

Aaliyah walks to the altar and brings the wedding rings to the priest for him to bless them, and now it is our turn to speak.

-I, Madison, take you, Shawn, to be my husband. I promise to love you, to laugh with you, to respect and encourage you through all the triumphs and the pitfalls of our lives. I commit with love and loyalty, to share my life with yours every day of our lives.

-I, Shawn, take you, Madison, to be my wife, from now on to laugh with you at the best of our lives, to stand by your side in our moments of weakness. I promise to grow in love with you and to forever be loyal to you.

Her hands in mine, I stare in her wide brown eyes as she smiles at me and the priest asks :

-Shawn, will you take Madison to be your lawfully wedded wife?

-I do. I answer, as she puts the wedding ring on my finger.

-Madison, will you take Shawn to be your lawfully wedded husband?

-Of course, she chuckles, as I put the ring on her finger. 

I love Madison so much, she is the only girl on Earth capable of laughing in such a serious moment, and still look serious... How can she do that? 

She looks back up at me and stares at me in the eyes. 

-I now pronounce you husband and wife. 

Finally it happens! I gently put a hand on her cheek and she stares at me with so much love. I bend down and softly press my lips against hers. Finally that kiss I have been waiting for so long... Everyone stands up and cheers, but all I can feel is Madison's lips as I get lost in the moment. «I love you Madison...» I whisper, my lips still on hers. «I love you too» she whispers back. Then I grab her hand and we walk down the aisle, under the thunderous applauses of everyone and the raining rose petals. 

****

In the middle of the dance floor, everyone staring at us, I look at Madison coming to me. She has changed into a smaller white dress that would make it easier for her to dance and she is still lovely. I take her in my arms as the music starts playing. It's the song she loves so much...

« Sunrise with you on my chest, no blinds in the place where I live,

Daybreak open your eyes, cause this was only ever made to be for one night

Still, we're changing our minds here, be yours, be mine dear,

So close, with you on my lips, touch noses, feeling your breath

Push your heart and pull away, yeah, be my summer in a winter day, love.

Oooh, you know I've been alone for quite a while, haven't I?

I thought I knew it all, found love but I was wrong,

More times than enough, since we came along, I'm thinking baby you... »

It really is strange how this song I wrote perfectly describes our life. Maybe not the first verse, but «I though I knew it all, found love but I was wrong» makes me think of how I thought I loved Shirley and Maddi opened my eyes... And then that part of the song. I smile at her as it finally happens : 

« Fast forward a couple years, yeah, grown up in the place that we live,

Make love, then we fight, laugh cause it was only meant to be for one night,

I guess we can't control, what's just not up to us, 

Be mine, be mine, anytime... » 

She lays her head on my chest as I hold her close and we gently spin on the dancefloor, the beat of the music rocking us in rhythm with our heartbeats.