Part 2, chapter 27

POV : Shawn :

-Come on darling, you're nearly there...

I caress Madison's hand and hold back her hair. It's been 20 minutes now that we are in the delivery room. She is so brave, seeing what she is going through, I cannot imagine the pain she must be feeling... she amazes me! I talk to her softly, but I wonder if she hears me... Doctors and nurses rush around us, and suddenly, time stops when I hear a baby crying. My baby?

Madison's eyes open wide and she stares across the room. There it is, our tiny pink baby...

-Congratulations ! The nurse says, wrapping it up. You have a wonderful little girl!

A girl? We have a baby girl!!

-Oh hi ! Maddi whispers, taking the baby in her arms. Hi Skyler... I love you...

I look at her, gently holding our little girl. Skyler stares at her mom with wide brown eyes, suddenly quiet. She's wonderful, they are wonderful...

-Look Shawn, our little girl, your little girl...

-Hello baby Skyler, I whisper, leaning to grab her hand, and then, she reaches out, with her tiny hand, and wraps her fingers around mine, and she looks at me... I cannot describe what it feels like. Her two amazing brown pearls staring at me... she stays silent, and then she smiles at me, the purest smile, and gives me butterflies...

-Oh Shawn, she has your smile... Maddi cries. Do you want to hold her?

-Oh no Maddi, I can't, you should hold her...

-Don't be scared. She's your baby too...

She leans forward and hands me my tiny Skyler... She starts crying when she's separated from her mother, but as soon as her cheek feels my chest, she calms down. It's amazing!

-Hi baby, It's your daddy...

I rock her in my arms, and humm to her, and she closes her eyes and falls asleep.

-Wow Maddi, this is pure magic! I say, giving her back Skyler.

I stayed next to Madison in the maternity clinic for a few hours and she hasn't taken her eyes off her baby the whole time. When she finally falls asleep while feeding my little Skyler, I decide to leave her a note. I have to finish preparing the house for both of them.

I build the baby bed that I set up in our room, grab some baby clothes, including the green PJs that our fans gave us and that Madison loves so much and on my way back to the clinic, I stop at the grocery store to get something to eat. I bet she'll want chocolate chip cookies and strawberries. Suddenly, my phone rings, it's my dad.

-Hey dad !

-Shawn ! It's nice to hear you! How are you? We just got your message! I hear my dad say. Shawn congratulations!!! My sister screams in the background. I AM AN AUNT! And then I hear my mom ask : is it a boy or a girl?

-Haha thanks everyone! It's a little girl, we called her Skyler. Everyone is fine, I went to the grocery store while Maddi is sleeping.

-I am glad everything is fine! Can we come to visit you? We don't want to disturb...

-Yes you can now.

-Great ! We'll be there in an hour!

I then hang up, and stop as I walk by the baby aisle. Baby bottles, bibs and toys are all aligned, I look at them, and a small teddy catches my eyes. It's a beige baby lama wearing a red pyjama. It's so cute! I put it in my cart and buy everything.

***

-Hey baby, you're awake! I whisper to Skyler. Maddi is still sleeping, but Skyler in her arms is wide awake and silently playing with her mom's hair. I take the baby in my arms and hand her the baby lama.

-Here is daddy's first present, I hope you like it !

I look at my baby girl, she fits in my hands, and the teddy is as big as her, but she holds it's ear and cuddles it, and she smiles at me. I have never felt anything like this before. My girl smiles at me, she knows I am her daddy, she loves me, and I love her...