Chapter 3

-By the way...he said before closing the door, I'm going to my friend Brian's tomorrow night. There will be all my closest friends. Do you wanna come?
-Of course! I'd love to make new friends!
-Great! I can't wait!

He leaves and I go back to the kitchen to wash a few things, wondering what I could do next, when I remember there is a music room. I store away the dishes and walk to the living-room. When I push the door open, I feel the same feeling I have each time I get to play music: excitement. I look at the instruments and walk to the piano. I sit and let my fingers caress the black and white keys. I close my eyes and let my voice rise out of my chest as I begin to sing. Nobody's here to listen, so I let my heart burst out at each note, I give everything I have. Everything around me fades away as I let the music carry me to another world. I sing songs, one after another and I start to feel tired, but then I think of my favorite song and my heart skips a beat, just like everytime I think of it.

-One last song... I whisper.

I play the first chords and start to sing:

"When I wake up to your footsteps
As you get up out of bed
They make a song that sounds so simple
But it dances in my head...

A melody so perfect
That it gets me through the day
And the thought of us forever
Is one that won't ever go away...
...
We wrote our story, and we sang our song,
We hung our pictures on the wall,
Now those precious moments that we carved in stone
Are only memories after all..."

-Wow, that was amazing! I hear behind me.
Surprised, I turn around and I see...