Part 2, chapter 30

POV : Madison

-Everything's okay here? Aaliyah asks, popping her head through the door and holding Skyler in her arms.

-No..... I whine 

-That's funny, that's exactly what Shawn answered when I asked him the exact same things a few minutes ago.

-I am so nervous...

-Nervous about what? This is the best day of your life!

-Exactly !

-There's nothing to be afraid of! You are going to be the best bride ever! You are up to it!

-I am marrying Shawn freakin' Mendes... I can't believe it....

This thought just makes me even more nervous and I feel like I want to throw up... I can't handle this... Today is THE day! Shawn and I are getting married.... In the corner of the room hangs the big white dress I will be wearing. Imagine the wedding dress of a St Laurent designer... it is honestly pure art! Shawn found a beautiful house at the countryside that can host both our families while the rest of the guests are in a luxurious hotel a few minutes away from here. I am overwhelmed by how perfect the events are. My father and brother came, as well as Melody, my best friend from France. Of course, Shawn's family and close friends are here, such as Brian, Josiah, Andrew and Connor.

While we both get ready for the ceremony, boys and girls are separated, along with the tradition. Shawn's mum Karen is helping me, with Jane and Melody, and Aaliyah arrived. Karen is so nice. I lost my mom years ago, but Karen is like a mother to me. So kind, generous and caring.

The stylists are doing up my hair and makeup and Aaliyah hands me a crying Skyler.

-Hey baby, you are hungry...

I take my sweet baby and breastfeed her while I finish getting ready. Aaliyah is so happy to be an aunt she would litterally carry Skyler all day long. It really helps me today as I have so many things to do!

-How's Shawn doing ?

-Just like you.

-That means really bad.

-No you are doing great !

-I am terrorized !

-You really need to calm down! It's going to be great! You two are so in love, nothing could ruin the day, not even a tornado!

-Thanks !

-You should get dressed. Shawn is nearly ready, he will be leaving in about 10 minutes. So I guess you have 20 in front of you.

Of course, still following the tradition, the soon-to-be husband must not see the bride in her white dress before she walks down the aisle (some would say it would bring them bad luck). So the man always drives to the church before the bride and waits for her there. That's why Shawn is getting ready in his room with the boys and I am here with the girls.

-Come on ! Show us how gorgeous you look in that dress! Melody begs me.

I get up and grab the huge and very heavy dress and put it on, giving Skyler back to a thrilled Aaliyah.

It is a long and puffy white dress with a lacework top and a long bow in the back. I also asked the designer to add a few butterflies in the back as I know Shawn loves them so much. Karen helps me put it on and I look at myself in the mirror.

-Wow... Jane gasps

 Jane gasps

-You look perfect... Karen says. I am so proud of you!

These last words coming from Karen make me terribly blush. She really is proud of me... She sees me as her son's wife... I am already part of the family... I do have a mother. She smiles at me in the mirror and gently takes me in her arms, as a few tears roll down my cheeks that she wipes away with her hand.

-Thank you Karen...

Then it was time for the girls and Skyler to get dressed up. I got them pale pink dresses and a matching dress for Skyler too. Aaliyah, Jane and Melody will be the bridesmaids. 

-I need to go now, Shawn is probably waiting for me, I have to walk him down the aisle. Karen says. 

-Sure. Can you take Skyler to my brother please?

She leaves with Skyler for the church and I give a last kiss to my girl before she closes the door.

-Well, we should get ready to go too... your uncle is waiting for you downstairs...

As I look at myself in the mirror, my hands get shaky. I can't believe this is happening... I am getting married. Married to Shawn Mendes... What is he doing right now? He is probably in front of the church, waiting for Karen. What is he thinking? Does he think of me?

-Everything's going to be okay Madison. Don't start panicking... Aaliyah whispers, rubbing my arm gently.

-I know, I am trying, it's just... so many emotions at a time!

-I guess so...

-Come on, we must go now !

-I can't wait to see Shawn's reaction when he will see you!

I put on the necklace Shawn gave me at the gala in Paris, take one last look at my reflection and walk out of the room while the girls talk excitedly about the ceremony, and how Shawn will surely look so handsome. I have no idea how he will dress up, just like he has no idea of what my dress looks like and this gets me soooo excited. Will he like the dress? Will he like my outfit? What will he be wearing? Black? Burgundy? Gray? Blue?

We walk outside of the house, Shawn already left a while ago so I am sure he won't see me. There, my uncle is waiting for me in a bright black car.

-Hey darling, you look stunning! He says, coming to me and holding me tight in his arms.

-Thanks Georges.

-I had your dad on the phone, he can't wait to see you. He is already at the church.

-I am so excited to walk down the aisle with him! It really means a lot to me...

-Oh I can guess! You are reminding me of my own wedding with your aunt.

-Sorry for getting you emotional...

-Don't be, this is a good thing! Now jump in the car! Everyone is waiting for you!

I get at the rear of the car with him, making sure I don't wrinkle the dress that takes the three back seats while Jane, Aaliyah and Melody take another car of their own. Georges starts the engine and my hearts gets crazy. It beats so hard that it seems like it's going to burst out of my chest. My hands are sweaty and I am overheating but in a positive way. This is happening!

-Calm down sweetie, you look stunning! My uncle says, looking at me in the inside mirror.

-Thanks.

Suddenly, the car stops and I can see the church at the end of the road.