Chapter 29

-Let me help you! Shawn says as he grabs my heavy bag to put it in the overhead compartment.
-Thank you!

We are boarding the plane that will take us to Paris, to my country! I can't wait to see the Eiffel Tower again, to speak french, TO EAT FREAKIN' CROISSANTS AND PAINS AU CHOCOLAT! Cheese, good bread! My country is from far the best!
Shawn takes place on the seat next to the window and I sit next to him. Andrew is behing us with Connor, in front of us are Tania and Eleanor, Shawn's make-up artist and hairdresser.
I'll have my own private make-up artist and hairdresser too once in Paris. I am so excited! We'll be landing in the morning, have the whole day and the next one free, then it'll be the gala! I deam of who I'll be able to see there: singers obviously, actors, designers...

The air hostess shows us the emergency procedures and the plane starts rolling down the runway before taking off.
As we start getting up in the airs, I feel a hand on mine, I turn my head towards Shawn and see his worried face. Is he nervous in planes? I didn't know that... I smile at him to comfort him and he smiles back.
Through the window, we can see Toronto's lights in the night. Everything is so tiny, the CN tower, the streets, we can't even see the cars' lights anymore! It is late now and I feel my eyes closing. I put on my earphones, turn on my music and slowly fall asleep listening to"Life of the party", and dreaming of Shawn who is actually sitting right next to me...

*****
I slowly open my eyes. All the lights in the plane are turned on. How long have I been asleep for? I hear giggles coming from the rows in front and behind me, and something heavy on my shoulder. I look at Shawn's seat and find out what was making the others laugh... He fell asleep his head on my shoulder, without me even noticing.
OMG, OMG, OMG.... Shawn's head is on my shoulder! He is sleeping on me!? He is still fast asleep and at that moment, the girls take a picture. I try to do a funny face and laugh of the situation, even though my inner me is going crazy. I can feel his fluffy hair on my cheek, his warmth on my body...

 I can feel his fluffy hair on my cheek, his warmth on my body

Suddenly, I feel him move, he is waking up. He opens his eyes and sits back straight. As everyone is staring at him, he looks at me, confused.

-Did you sleep well? Tania asks.
-Is she comfortable? Connor adds.
-Oh no... did I just sleep on you? He asks, panicking a bit.
-Yeah, your head was on my shoulder.
He suddenly blushes and becomes as red as a tomato.
-Oh no... I am so sorry!
-Hey it's ok. I don't mind. I was sleeping too, I didn't even notice. They are the ones going crazy about it! I say, pointing towards Andrew, Connor and the girls.
All four of them stare at us with stupid childish smiles.

-Oh come on guys, You are not gonna make a big deal of it, are you?
No answer was given, only the same childish smiles and staring.
-You are so annoying! He laughs, and I join him.

They eventually left us alone when the pilot announced that we are going to land shortly. Through the window, I can see the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the Champs Élysées...

Home sweet home, here I come!