Part 2, chapter 14

POV :Shawn

I wipe my tears and pick up my phone at the exact moment when the screen lights up. I recieved a text.

Laura : «Hey Shawn, the crew's invited to a party tonight, do you want to come?»

A party? Well, I guess it won't kill me to have some fun. A little drink could obviously help, I need to change my thoughts for a moment...

-« Sure,I'd love to »

-«Great ! Get ready, we're leaving in 15 minutes !»

I change (again) into some proper clothes to go out and Laura comes to fetch me. And before I open the door to her, I take a look in the mirror, take off Madison's key necklace, and throw it across the room. It doesn't mean anything anyway.

-I'm so happy to go out tonight! She says excitedly. We're gonna have fun! It'll cheer you up a little!

-Yeah I'm happy too ! 

She takes my arm and we walk together to the car. She looks really nice tonight! She wears a tight black dress and high heels that underline her beautiful curves. I never noticed that she is quite beautiful . How blind can I be?

The party is only a few minutes drive away, in a huge house already full of guests. Well, I guess we were definitely not the only one invited! Brian, Laura, Andrew, Josiah, the rest of the crew and I walk inside and are greeted by a few persons. I can guess that the party has already started a long time ago by some drunk teens laying a bit everywhere, but people still keep arriving.

-By the way, who invited us? I ask.

-Justin Bieber ! Isn't that cool?

-Yeah it is !

Laura grabs my hand and drags me behind her through the thick croud of dancers towards the bar.

-Here ! One for you and one for me ! She says, handing me a shot. It'll cheer you up !

We both drink it straight and she orders two more, because one doesn't have any effect. I turn around to join Brian when suddenly the alcohol hits me hard. My head gets spinny and I need a second to get used to it.

Brian and Josiah join us on the dance floor and we start going crazy. Wow. I am living again! With all my emotions bursting out tonight, it feels like my life has been boring until now. The music's beat echoes in my chest and my smile can't get off my face. With a wiskey in our hands, we get up on a chair and lose our minds to the One Direction songs playing out loud. One glass after another, my head gets more and more dizzy and the feeling of freedom gets bigger and bigger. Here I am, in the middle of the party. No one can tell me what to do or not to do. I can have as much fun as I want, no one is going to blame me.

Back in the middle of the dance floor, drunk people bumping into us all the time, we all dance to «Shape of you». I love this sensual song... In front of me, Laura stares at me, inviting me to dance with her. She puts her arms around me and I grab her hips. Her wide brown eyes look like Madison's and it gives me butterflies. My blood must have turned into alcohol, I can't think clearly anymore, but does it bother me right now? No.

I miss her. Do I miss Maddi, or do I miss her look alike in front of me? I don't know. One thing is for sure, her way of staring at me doesn't leave me indifferent. She gets closer to me, and her body against mine, her hips balancing from right to left remind me of those nights we spent, Maddi and I, dancing in the living room to her favorite songs... What if it were her, right here against me? This thought makes me smile, but suddenly I think of her song again, and the joy fades away for a second.

-Are you okay? She asks, detaching herself a little, looking at me intensely.

-YesI am, I smile. I was just thinking...

-Of Madison ? Forget her for once. She makes you cry every night...Try and have some fun!

-You are right. I say, holding her tighter against me.

-Should we have a drink ?

-Hell yeah !

We both take a beer and have a seat on a table. The walls are wavy, so as the floor, and it gets hard not to fall...

-Can you believe we've been touring for a month and a half now?

-It seems crazy.

-I hope they'll be other parties like this one... she says, laying a hand on my thigh, giving me chills...

I look at her, and her smile makes my pain fade away. She leans forward and whispers in my ear :

-Let's go get some intimacy upstairs... in a bedroom...

These few words make my butterflies go wild and my chest burn. She gets up and grabs my hands. I put an arm behind her back, and pull her closer.

-Sure...I reply with a smirk.

Together, we walk towards the stairs, ready to go to the first floor, when someone grabs my arm.

-Shawn, what are you doing ?

Behind me, Andrew stares at me, looking shocked.

-I am having fun !... for once ! I add sharply.

-You can't just do that anymore! What about Madison!... you are engaged! He whispers so that no one else hears it.

-Oh f*ck off ! You know what she did to me! I can have fun too!

And behind me, Laura pulls me to her, and lays her lips against mine.