Part 2, chapter 2: worry

POV : Shawn

-Are you sure you'll be ok ? I ask Maddi one last time while putting on my coat.

-Yes, it's just a stomach ache. It must be something I ate. I'll be alright.

-Ok... call me if you need anything. I'll be at the studio all day. I love you babe.

-I love you too !

I give her a quick peck on her lips and get in the car to drive to the studio. Maddi and I have been dating for a year and a half now. She is 23 and I am 24, and we are the happiest couple on earth. I am so glad I found her, and I can't imagine my life without her. One thing's for sure, I want to grow old with her ! I imagine myself with grey hair, singing her songs from when I was young by the fireplace, and my girl, old but still beautiful, drawing something for our grandchildren... the dream...

-Hi everyone ! I say, entering the studio and seeing everyone ready to record. I'm sorry I'm late...

-Hi Shawn ! Oh... is everything ok ? Andrew asks. You look preoccupied...

-Well, Maddi's sick. She said she is ok and it's only a stomach pain but, you know how overprotective I am...

-I'm sure she'll be ok. She is a stong girl. And she knows where to find you if she needs help. Now let's finish that new album !

-Yeah you're right !

I follow my team to the recording room and begin to warm up.

******

POV : Madison

I don't understand why my stomach feels so weird. I didn't eat anything unusual yesterday, nor the day before... I tried to focus on something else, watching a movie, drawing, sewing, but I constantly feel nauseous... It's 10.am now and I am tired of feeling bad. I pick up my coat and walk to the nearest drugstore. I know it's nothing serious, I don't need to see a doctor, at least I hope so. I think a few painkillers will do the job.

I push open the shop's door and a lady comes to me.

-Hello miss, can I help you ?

-Yes please. I don't feel very well since this morning... I didn't eat anything weird, but I keep feeling nauseous...

-Hm... I see. Do some odors make you sick ?

-I had to throw away the flowers that my boyfriend offered me.

-Does he live with you ?

-Yes, he does.

-I see... and does your back hurt ?

-A little bit...

-Hm.... Maybe you should try these....she says, smiling and handing me two different boxes.

I look at them and my heart stops.

-Really ?

-Yes !

I grab the boxes, pay for them and run back home, as my heart races and tears come to my eyes.

****

POV : Shawn.

-Ok, one more try ! Andrew says.

I grab my guitar and walk to the microphone and sing once more...

« It's just the truth,

And I'd be lying if I said, it'd be a lie to say

I'm not stuck on... »

I am interrupted by the door slamming open. I turn around and see Madison running towards me and jumping in my arms.

-Shawn !!

-Maddi what's going on ? I ask, puzzled.

I look at her, her eyes are red from tears, she is shaking violently...

-Shawn.... she begins...