Part 2, Chapter 1: surprise

-I just can't believe it's been 6 months tonight ! 6 months Shawn is my boyfriend !

-And so many years to come ! Jane answers. I am so happy for you two! You are a perfect couple!

-Oh we are ! I love him so much ! Everyday feels like the first one! I am so lucky to have him! I don't deserve him...

-Don't you say that ! You totally deserve him !

-Really ?

-Yes !

We finish storing away the dresses and cloth and get ready to close the boutique. I hear the door open, it's probably Michael, the new cleaner. But suddenly, someone puts his hands on my eyes, and it's certainly not Jane because she was in front of me.

-Surprise ! I hear behind me.

-Shawn !!!

I turn around and jump in his arms.

-I am so happy to see you ! Aren't you at work ?

-No. I left earlier. I have something to show you !

-Go on guys! Jane says, giving us a wink. I'll close the boutique !

-Thank you !!

I give my friend a kiss on the cheek and grab Shawn's hand. We walk to his big black SUV and he gets on the driver's seat.

-Shawn where are you taking us ? That's not the road to your flat...

-Shhhh... surprise !

I try to stay calm but my mind races. Where are we going ? We drive through Toronto, for the moment, we are not so far from the center, but there are no buildings anymore, only houses. He stops the car and looks at me excitedly.

-Where are we ??

He doesn't say a word, and hops off the car.

We are in a middle of a residential area, not far from the city center, but it is very calm. The houses are big, with beautiful gardens full of flowers.

-Are we visiting someone ?

-You'll see !

-Who is it ??

He puts his hands on my eyes and guides me along the road on a few meters. Then I hear him open a gate. We walk a few more steps, and he finally takes his hands off my eyes. I really wonder where we are. I don't know anyone in this area. Where did he take me ?

-TADAAAA ! He says excitedly.

I open my eyes, and my heart jumps. In front of me is a huge white house with bay windows and palm trees in the garden, flowers eveywhere... a paradise...

-Shawn what is it ?

-Shawn what is it ?

-Home !

-WHAT !? EXCUSE ME ??

-Yes !!! he screams and jumps up and down.

Then he comes to me and grabs my hands.

-This house is ours sweetheart ! I figured it might be better to have a house than a flat for our family to live in !

-It's amazing ! But, you know I don't have the money to pay for it... This is way to expensive for me !

-Madison. This is ours !

-Wait... you... already bought it ?

-Yes ! A palace for my queen ! Come in ! Let's see the inside !

We run to the front door and my heart races. The house is huge ! There is a big kitchen and a living room, a huge closet in the hall, a space that could become a music room... At the first floor are three bedrooms and a small space that could become a playground, and through the window of what might become our bedroom, we can see...

-A swimming pool ? Are you kidding me ??

I run downstairs and jump in Shawn's arms to kiss him.

-I am the luckiest girl on earth !

-Do you like it ?

-I love it !

-This will be perfect for our family ! We'll have kids right ?

-Of course we will ! Lots of kids !

-I'd like to have a little girl... Can we call our daughter Skyler ?

-Ok for Skyler, but then, our little boy will be Simon!

-Alright then ! Skyler and Simon !

-Oh Shawn... I can't wait !

He takes me in his arms, we walk to the couch and stay there, staring at the garden and dreaming of our future family.