Chapter - Eleven

RECAP:

“Ella,” someone is shaking me hesitantly and gently. I slowly open my eyes to come face with bright blue eyes that are filled with concern and worry but at the same time red hot anger.

His face relaxes as he notices that I’m all in one piece, his eyes rest on my tear stained face and his hand reaches out to wipe my tears away; as his skin makes contact with mine I can feel an instant shock, I know he feels it to because he shivers a little and then looks at me again and takes his hand away with a sigh.

I cast my eyes down to the ground and stay silent, letting my hair cover my face.

“El,” Mason says again, quieter this time. “El, come on, let’s go.”

I stay rooted on the ground. When Mason realises that I’m not going to move he sighs and settles himself on the ground. I notice then that he is looking around for the first time; I watch behind the curtain of my eyes, that he is looking at the gravestone and reading the words.

When I’m sure that my face is dry I look up and meet his blue eyes that are looking expressionless.

“How did you know I was here?” I ask him quietly playing with the ends of my hair, not meeting his eyes.

“I...don’t know I just did, I stopped to catch my breath and looked up then saw this, I knew instantly that you would be here.”

“Ella?” his tone is hesitant.

I look up and see that is fighting whether to speak or not, I guess he is feeling pretty weak right now. “How did...he die?”

I feel a little startled I wasn’t expecting him to ask that. I give a sigh.

“He...he...got into a fight.” I say it in a rush and wait for his reaction. He looks at me, trying to figure out if I’m being serious or not, after a few seconds he nods a little but doesn’t say anything.

CHAPTER ELEVEN

This has not been edited, sorry :3 please vote and comment!!!

************************************************************************************************

A phone ringing is what wakes me up, as my head jerks up it crashes with Mason’s chin who by the looks of it also fell asleep.

“It’s yours,” I say pointedly looking at the white phone that is blaring, that has rolled a metre or two away from us.

Mason rubs his eyes with force before I grab the phone and shove it into his hand.

“Will you answer the damn thing?”

Mason gives me a little sigh before he presses the green button.

“Hello?” he speaks cautiously as if no-one has ever called him at this time. He listens into the phone for a few minutes then mutters a few words that are either too quiet or incoherent for me to understand.

When he switches the phone off he sits motionless staring into space.

“Mason?”

He jerks slightly and blinks at few times at me, as if trying to get me in focus.

“I need to go,” he says abruptly.

When I don’t say anything he stand up and puts his phone away and gives a little stretch, when he is done he frowns at me still sitting on the ground.

“Ella I said it’s time to go.”

“I ‘m not going Mason, go, go on seeing as it’s really important that you leave right now,”