Chapter - Four

Enjoy :3 x please don’t be silent readers!!! Please comment and vote

********************************************************************

Recap

“So you want to hang out with me on Friday?” he asks smiling.

I pretend to think for a few seconds then I slowly nod “okay.” I say.

“Good, we can have a cake contest,” he says playfully.

“A cake contest?”

“Yes...unless you can’t bake cakes?” he asks innocently.

“Oh no, I can, very well too” I reply.

“So...deal?” he asks.

“Definitely,” I say taking his hand and shaking the deal.

*************************************************

Chapter four

Soon after we; Kian and I exchange numbers I decide that I should try and get home before it becomes pitch black.

When I get home much to my surprise the lights in the living room are off as are the ones in the hallway. I decide to go to bed quickly before mum wakes up because of my moving about.

That night I dream about my dad, I haven’t had a dream about him for a long time. When I wake I’m sweating and breathing deeply. I can see behind my curtains that it is going to be a dark and dull day, which actually I am fine with; it means the weather will match my mood.

I give a yawn and feel my body slide back down under the covers, after a while I awake the second time to a smell of pancakes, my stomach rumbles loudly while my mind says “yum”

Well at least today I’ll get a good breakfast and not boring old crunchy nuts, you never get too old for pancakes.

When I go into the kitchen my mum is facing away from me, I spot the pancakes on the table and tiptoe over quietly to get my fair share without her turning around and moaning at me.

“Ella!” she says as soon as my hand reaches out to touch the plate “sit down, we’ll eat together,” she says warmly.

What is she talking about? We haven’t eaten breakfast together in over two years. I frown at her but she just smiles at pulls a chair out.

I reluctantly sit and pull little bites of pancake off and put them into my mouth.

“So then sweetie, the knights are nice people aren’t they?”

I almost choke on my pancake, I cough and the piece lands on the plate.

“What?” I say “Weird family more like,”

My mum’s happy expression falters slightly but she is still smiling brightly.

“Look Ella, I’m sorry but you don’t really have a choice and if you keep saying things like that, it is just going to be harder for you.” she says sternly.

“But mum I do have a choice, I can say no; I don’t have to marry him,” I say standing up and pushing my plate away.

“Ella sit back down right now,” she says quietly but with so much venom  that I do, she sighs “Ella it’s the best thing for you and it’s what your grandfather wanted.” she adds the last part quietly and she casts her face down her hair shading her face.

I stay silent; I know she misses him a lot, her was more of a father to her than her real one, she and my dad who was called Nate had been best friends ever since they were in nursery and they continued to be best friends right throughout their entire childhood; through the time my mum; Cassie had tonsillitis and had to stay in hospital for a week, the time Nate broke his leg when they went skiing, also when his grandparents were killed in an air crash, the time when Cassie’s mum was diagnosed with cancer after she got divorced, and when she died three years later.