Chapter - Twenty-Nine

Not been edited

 Recap:

I raise my eyebrows at him.

“Okay fine, more selfish than what I’ve already said. I just have felt so ignored ever since Elijah’s accident, I thought know if he got married to Elijah maybe mum might start caring about the rest of us for a change, you know. And the thing with Kaylan is just that I don’t like him very much, you know those people that you meet and you just feel dislike towards them, well yeah that’s me with him.” Seth sighs and brushes his hair away from his eyes. “I’m just so tired of it all.”

“Seth...” to be truthful I know how he feels in a way, because I’ve felt it too, ever since Elijah’s accident we didn’t just loose him, it was like we lost our mother too, I know it sounds selfish but my whole mother’s life just seems to revolve around him, she doesn’t bother much with the rest of us.

Just as I’m about to open my mouth, someone taps me on my shoulder. I turn around and.....

Chapter 29

It’s Ella, she looks terrible; her eyes are all red and puffy and her face is still stained with tears, I motion for Seth to leave, he sighs but obeys. Ella sits down where he was and sniffs. I hand her a tissue and wait until she’s finished blowing her nose.

“What’s wrong Ella?” I ask softly.

She looks up to meet my eyes “Nobody wants me.”

I choke again for the second time, this time on a French fry that was originally seth’s but seeing as he left them I saw no harm in finishing them for him.

Who told Ella about this whole business, I thought we’d kept her in the dark. I wasn’t the person she needed to have this conversation with anyway.

“Ella, Elijah’s just...” I stop when I realise that she is looking very confused and a new accusing look appears in her eyes.

“What do you mean Elijah? What’s happened to him?”

“I thought that’s what you were talking about,” I say defensively. I can’t think of anything else that would be causing her to say this.

“I was talking about my mother. Did you know that I’m adopted?” she asks her eyes brimming with tears again.

Did I know she was adopted?

“Yes.” I reply quietly.

“What? You knew?” her eyes pierce into mine.

“I thought you knew, honestly I swear. I mean you’re old enough so...”

“Charming.” She mutters leaning back against her seat.

“But, Ella it doesn’t mean that she doesn’t want you, I mean they chose you when they didn’t have to, doesn’t that show for sure that you were wanted?”

I’m not too sure that what I’ve said makes sense, but I ramble on anyway.

“Its show more that they loved, love you. Seriously Ella believe me, it doesn’t mean anything that you’re adopted.”

She’s silent and she’s not looking at me. But then she looks up and sighs “I guess you’re right. Maybe.”

“Of course I am.” I say with a grin “I’m always right.”

“Whatever, what were you saying about Elijah? I haven’t seen him in a while, is she okay? Can I see him?”

“Umm...well he’s kind of still at the hospital with his friend,” I say somewhat reluctantly.

She frowns “What? Well who is this friend, surely if they were so important, I would have been introduced to them.”

Oh dear, I look around for inspiration. Nothing comes to mind.

“Yes, you’re right, I um..need to go, so sorry Ella,” I quickly stand up and push my chair back, I push a note towards her “Here get yourself some food.”

“Wait,” Ella says sharply, I turn to meet her narrowed eyes “What are you hiding from me now?” I wince at her harsh tone.

I look at her, she shouldn’t have to go through this whole charade.

“Come with me.” I say eventually. She nods and follows me out to my car.

“Where are we going then?” she asks slamming the door.

“You’ll see.”

About twenty minutes later we reach my destination. The hospital.

When we reach the fifth floor, I press the buzzer for ward 514, I take a deep breath. This most likely will go horribly wrong.

As we walk down the corridor to room I can tell that Ella is feeling uncomfortable. When we reach Lilly’s room I’m about to open the door but Ella’s grip on my shirt stops me.

“What is it?”

“Wait, I know her,” she looks again through the window and then crouches down so she can’t be seen. “She’s Lilly. The girl from the park.”

I frown, they’ve met? Why has Ella never mentioned that?

I crouch down beside her “What did she say to you?” I question.

Ella sighs “She was a bit mean actually. All this stuff about me stealing Elijah and that I’m not good enough for him.” She sighed “That was a while ago though,” she adds after a few seconds.

We sit quietly for a minute then we start to hear voices.

“It’s great, isn’t it?” it’s Lilly’s mum. I can hear the others agreeing with her. Ella stands up, clearly she can’t help herself. She watches intently for a few seconds then she suddenly turns on her heel and darts down the slippery hospital floor.

I quickly stand up to see what’s made her run. I gasp when I see it, but deep down I already knew, subconsciously I had been waiting for this for a long time. My mind now has to accept what my heart has known for a long time. Then Elijah abruptly pulls away from Lilly’s hold and his gaze lands on me standing outside the room.

He mouths “I’m sorry.” Then he looks back at Lilly and smiles, she takes his hand and puts her arms around his neck and pulls him close.

I force myself to look away, I realise that Ella has no way of getting home, she’ll probably be standing outside crying. I break into a run don’t stop until I reach outside, I spot her instantly; she’s standing on the pebbles her arms folded. I can’t see her face.

“Ella!” I shout running over to her.

“It’s all over.” She whispers.

THE END.

HAHA LOL JOKE, NO IT’S NOT OVER!!! :)

LIA XXXXXXXXXX