Chapter - Twenty Three

NOT BEEN EDITED. 

 RECAP:

Kian smiles down at me.

“So then you coming?” he asks with his famous grin.

I don’t know if I should, the thing is I don’t really know these guys very all. Kaylan seems okay I suppose, I guess it’s just Anais I’m feeling a bit weary of.

“I don’t know,”

“It’s okay if you’re thinking about Anais, she’ll be fine,” he pauses and thinks “She normally runs off anyway. You can stay with me.” He says reassuringly.

I can’t really pass it up when he’s asking me so nicely, can I? No

“Sure.” I say beaming up at him.

“Cool,” he grins.

************************************************************

When I finish eating, I carry the dirty dishes to the sink and just dump them there, I’ll sort them out later.

“So?”

“Yeah, okay.”

I follow him into the living room and take a seat on the brown leather sofa.

“Do you need help?” I ask watching him.

“No, it’s okay.” He replies instantly. I watch silently as he with difficulty moves from the wheelchair on to the sofa. when he is seated he glares at me.

“What is your problem?”

“Nothing.”

“Then stop staring at me.” He says turning to face the TV. I just sigh and switch the TV on. We sit in silence for two hours, and after that I decide that I’m not going to let everything go to ruins again. I switch the television off and turn to face him.

“What did you switch it off for?” he asks quietly not meeting my eyes.

“Eli, I want to speak to you.”

Its late afternoon when we all file into the food court. Everyone but Anais is present, I don’t mind; in fact it’s all just great.

“Where the hell is she?” Kian mutters as he pulls out his phone, he sighs after a few seconds and shoves it back into his pocket. “I’ll have to go and search for her.”

I take a seat near the window in the corner; Kaylan is opposite me and Liam beside him.

“So Ella, what are you studying?” Liam asks me.

I put my Pepsi down and frown a little “I’m still in college, sixth form,” I stutter “I want to do medicine though.” I manage to get out.

He nods “I want to do mechanical engineering.” I look up interestedly for a few seconds; at first glance it doesn’t strike that someone that looks like that would want to do mechanical engineering, but as I study his profile now I can see that the idea could work.

At that exact minute Kian walks in with Anais behind him, he takes a seat next to me and picks up the menu.

“Have you decided what you’re having?” he asks looking around at us all.

When the food arrives I dive in, I am absolutely starving.

“Steady on, you greedy little pig,” Anais comments looking at me with a disgusted look on her face.

“Shut up Anais.” Kian says quietly.

Anais lets out snort but doesn’t make another snide comment. When we stand after eating she looks at me then turns to Kian.

“She looks like Lily.” She announces. Kian seems momentarily startled with her fact but he makes no remarks.

My mind goes back to the day I saw her, I remember her appearing to have an unhealthy obsession with Elijah.

I feel a bit uneasy thinking about her. My hand goes into my pocket to get my phone, as soon as I get a finger on it starts ringing.

It’s Elijah.

“Hey,” he says cheerfully.

“Hello,” I reply back a smile forming on my face. His happy moods are appearing to be quite contagious.

“Want to come over?” he asks.

“Yes.” I reply almost instantly. Anais hasn’t been exactly mean to me but I don’t think I want to spend any more time around her.

“See you soon then,” he says cutting the call.

I walk over to where the others have been waiting for me, Anais is regarding me with a weird look. I look away.

“I have to go,” I mutter to Kian. His smile immediately drops.

“Oh,” he says.

“Elijah called me,” I try to offer as a means of explanation.

“We should head over there too, haven’t seen the guys in a few days,” Anais pipes up. I hold back a little smirk as I see the others shoot what the hell you are talking about looks. She clearly is out of the loop on this bit of information.

“Shut up Anais.” Kaylan says a little venomously.

I on one hand would love to see this little scene where Anais is getting shot down, but on the other I don’t really like confrontations like this, so I take a few steps back and mutter a see you later not at anyone in particular.

When I knock on Elijah’s front door I feel a little jittery. I wait for two minutes before someone comes to open it for me.

It’s Mason.

He doesn’t say anything to me but I’m sure I hear him let out a sigh. He leads me to the living room, from the laughs I can hear I can tell that they already have some company.

When I walk in my heart sinks a little as I spot Lily and Elijah sitting engrossed in a conversation, but then Elijah looks up and pats the space next to him, so that I will be in the middle of him and her.

“How was your day?” he asks squeezing my arm as I sit.

“It was okay,” instincts tell me from not letting out who I was with.

After about an hour when Lily has left and I’ve eaten some food, I decide that I should head home. Elijah hugs me and tells me to call him and I leave.

When I unlock the front door I can already hear voices. It’s my mum and Noah.

“We should never have tried to do this; I mean what on earth were we thinking?” I can imagine mum pacing around the room running her hands through her hair.

Noah starts to say something but it’s quiet so I decide there’s no point even trying to listen, so I head upstairs to get some rest.

Just before I fall asleep I can feel someone come and sit on my bed.

“Hey Ella,” it’s Sara.

“Hey, I thought you were in the cells, when they let you out?” I mumble sleepily.

I tell she’s smiling “I heard that you needed me, so I came little sis,” she says. She starts to smooth my hair, it feels very soothing. “I’m always here when you need me,” she whispers.

“Good,” I say before I shut out for the night.

When I wake in the morning I can tell that both Sara and Noah are gone. It’s just me and mom. I am right when I finally walk into the kitchen to find some food she’s sitting in her suit and her hair combed back neatly.

“Ella,” she says adopting a smile, she gestures to the chair “Take a seat, we need to talk.”

************************************************************************************************************

SORRY IT'S SHORT :)