Chapter - Twenty

RECAP (chapter eighteen)

 “A bitch?”

He smiles and shakes his head as he reaches out to tuck a strand of stray hair behind my ear.

“No Ella not a bitch. Just well a little cold I suppose and moody.” He smiles at me showing me his white teeth and glittering eyes.

“And you didn’t think it?” I ask him curiously.

“Oh no, I was saying from the start that you were probably sweeter than a bowl of sweet sugar marshmallows.” He says as if what I ‘d suggested was the most ridiculous idea in the whole universe.

I laugh at his choice of words. “Okay.”

I smile and take his hand and hold it tightly. He squeezes my hand and gently starts to stroke it with his thumb.

“Right then you two, we should be setting off.” Kate is saying as she ties her scarf around her neck. I nod and get up, the whole way home I walk beside Elijah but neither of us speak.

Sooner than I’d like, we are standing at the corner of my road. I don’t want to go home at all, but Kate has adopted a rather suspicious look and she frowns when she notices that I’m not moving but am still rooted to the ground.

She raises her arm and waves at me slightly awkwardly.

“Bye,” she says looking at me expectantly.

“Yeah bye Kate, bye Elijah.” I say quietly not meeting either of their eyes.

Elijah smiles at me and beckons at me to come forward, when I reach him he wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead. Before I pull away he quickly whispers in my ear, telling me that he’ll call me later.

*********************************************************************************

Recap (chapter nineteen)

“No, Kaylan hasn’t done something like that, I know he hasn’t,” he voice rises “How dare you accuse him of something so disgusting!” he cries in anger and frustration.

There’s no point fighting anymore, I’m done. He isn’t going to believe me no matter what I say; I feel my shoulders drop in defeat.

“Never speak to me again Kian, I hate you!” I say before I walk out and slam the door; Kaylan is standing in the living room holding a tissue to his nose.

“Never speak to me ever again you disgusting, vile, terrible, disgraceful, selfish person. I hate you and I’m never going to forgive you for this.” I say to Kaylan before slamming out of the house.

I don’t care what speed I’m driving at, and when I get home I realise that it was well over the speed limit and I’m lucky I didn’t get caught.

I run up the stairs so that I don’t have to see anyone , I don’t care that I’m being childish. I dive into the bed and pull the covers up over my head and lie there still in a foetal position sobbing my heart out.

The last thing I hear before I fall asleep is the sound of laughter; Elijah’s and Ella’s. For some reason this makes me cry even more I press my hand to my ears preventing them from letting any more sound. Eventually I can feel my breathing rise and my eyelids droop and I feel myself fall into a dreamless sleep.

CHAPTER TWENTY

I was sitting curled up on the sofa next to Elijah when we heard the front door bang, it must have been Mason because we heard the front door slam and someone thunder up the stairs, but Elijah didn’t seem the slightest bothered by that. I poke him trying to get his attention.