Chapter - Twelve

RECAP

Kate comes to standstill at the lifts and presses the up arrow, when it reaches the ground floor a family comes out, looking very upset. I remember the last time I went to a hospital; it was when my dad died I think.

“Ella, come on,” Kate is standing in the lift and the doors are beginning to close with me on the other side.

I quickly squeeze myself through and give a sigh of relief. The lift stops on the fourth floor, we walk out and a lady stops us.

“Who are you looking for?” she asks.

Kate looks at me, and then she walks the lady back to the reception desk, leaving me standing. She comes back after a minute then gives me a weak smile.

“Okay, I’ll just go and see and then call you yes?”

I just nod meekly and go to take a seat on the plum chairs they’ve put out in the waiting area. I’m really confused; I have no idea about what is happening.

“Ella?” Kate’s head peaks around the corner.

“Come on,” she says softly.

I take a deep breath and stand up and follow Kate through the double doors into room six.

CHAPTER TWELVE

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED :3  PLEASEEE VOTE AND COMMENT....DON’T BE SILENT READERS!!!!!!

******************************************************************************************************

It’s a boy. A little boy.

He is lying on a bed with Kian sitting on his right side and Kaylan on his left. The boy from what I can make out has tears staining his burning red cheeks; he has a drip in his left hand, has a bandage on his right cheek that reaches down to his neck. The rest of his tiny body is covered with sheets but there are also bandages on a couple of his fingers.

Kian’s head is bowed, is he crying?

The atmosphere in the room is so terrifying it is making me want to run all the way out of the hospital.

Kate walks forward towards Kian; she sits down beside him and puts a hand of his shoulder. I spot Mason standing by Kaylan he is frowning at me. Then I realise he’s not the only person that doesn’t want me here; sitting on the window ledge in front of the black sky are Anais and Liam.

By the daggers I’m receiving from Anais I can tell that she disgusted by my presence. I look away, I don’t know what the hell her problem is, I’ve never done anything spiteful to her.

I stand there feeling awkward until Kate looks up at me and pats the bed motioning for me to come and sit. I reluctantly step forward and take a seat at the edge of the bed.

After a minute or two of pin drop silence the door opens and a doctor comes in; he looks expressionless, but from what I can make out is that it’s not looking too bad.

He comes forward looking at us all as if he’s not sure who to address. Kate stands up but I notice she is unsure of her action; the doctor shakes her hand and gives her a warm smile.

“Hello, I’m doctor Winters,”

Kate gives a little smile “Mrs Knight.” She replies.

“Right well...so I can tell you that the damage isn’t too bad and Alex here should make a full recovery...if we take a look here at the x-rays you can see that nothing is broken, just a simple fracture in his left arm which should heal in no time...” he pauses and looks at all us. His eyes rest on Kian who still hasn’t looked up.