Chapter - Thirty

Recap:

I quickly stand up to see what’s made her run. I gasp when I see it, but deep down I already knew, subconsciously I had been waiting for this for a long time. My mind now has to accept what my heart has known for a long time. Then Elijah abruptly pulls away from Lilly’s hold and his gaze lands on me standing outside the room.

He mouths “I’m sorry.” Then he looks back at Lilly and smiles, she takes his hand and puts her arms around his neck and pulls him close.

I force myself to look away, I realise that Ella has no way of getting home, she’ll probably be standing outside crying. I break into a run don’t stop until I reach outside, I spot her instantly; she’s standing on the pebbles her arms folded. I can’t see her face.

“Ella!” I shout running over to her.

“It’s all over.” She whispers.

Not been edited!! (what a surprise!)

Chapter 30

I wish that I could say that I woke up and it wasn’t all a dream. I wish that I could say that I wasn’t adopted and that I was mistaken when I looked through and window and saw Elijah and Lilly Kissing, and I wish that I could say that Mason hadn’t let slip that something was wrong so that I could have lived in fantasy world a little longer.

But no, things like that only happen in stories, not here in real life. That day after that hospital I didn’t have the guts to face Elijah again, and no-one made me speak to him either. My mum listened to me sob for hours that day when I reached home and then we talked it out and I told her that she should take the job offer in London.  I forgave her for not telling me about the adoption, if I think about it honestly it didn’t change anything, it’s not like I could have gone searching for my parents anyway. My mum showed me their graves though, I catch the train sometimes back to Birmingham to visit them and give them flowers and just sit breathing in the cool air.

I bumped into Kian a few days after the incident and he told me that he’d sold his house, he’d hugged me and told me that he was glad he’d met me and that one day I’ll find someone who truly loves me and me only. He thanked me for helping him; I hadn’t understood what he’d been talking about but I’d nodded nonetheless.

Mason came knocking the next day, I hadn’t wanted to let him in, but the part of me that wanted some sort of explanation had won, so he walked on through and sat down on the couch. He told me all about Lilly and how he’d been best friends with her then how she’d stopped bothering with him and made Elijah her best bud. He said that Lilly had been ill for a few years and at one point they’d thought she was going to die, but then she’d made a miraculous recovery. He said that recently though she’d become ill again and this time the doctors were sure she was going to die, but now they think that she will definitely get better and should live a long life. He told me that he’d noticed that Elijah maybe spoke about her more than a person would about a best friend, but then when my grandfather’s will came out he’d been pretty excited to meet me and when they came to see me for the first time, he’d been quite smitten with me.

I sat and listened with a straight face although my heart was truly aching.

Mason sighed when he got here but he continued, maybe he felt that he owed it to me at least. He said that he was sorry that he had never quite realised the connection that Elijah had found. At that point I remembered when Anais had made that comment about me looking like Lilly. Mason realised that I knew what he meant and he didn’t dwell on that longer, then he told me about what Seth had done and then he talked about his own life and how he was thinking about moving into his own place.

When he  stood up to leave he hugged me hard and placed a kiss on my forehead, he told me that he was sorry about the way we were parting and that he would miss me, and I that I should know that it wasn’t all a big lie and that Elijah had loved me. It was just that he loved Lilly more.

*********

If someone asked me now if I would change what I went through, I think that I would honestly say no. It was great while it lasted; Elijah made me happy even it was for a short while so why would I want to reverse that?

There is one good thing though, and that is my relationship with my mother. Now you may ask, did all that have to happen to make my relationship with my mother healthy?

I think yes, I believe that it all happened for a reason and I wouldn’t change a second of it.

You may also wonder why I’m so happy, well it’s because Ive moved to my dream city; (besides New York) London, I have made some amazing friends and I've got myself a boyfriend who loves me very much.

My grandfather’s wish may have been to marry Elijah, but I’m sure his ultimate will would have been to have me happy. And that’s exactly what I am.

*** THE END***

It would be nice if you wanted to comment on the last chapter.....

Thanks guys for all your support through all this.

SPECIAL SHOUT OUTS TOOOOO : LunaBella1, KasiaM, Madzz x, AyeshaCookieRaider, RetroCity, purpleshootingstar, thegreensmartie, redsea112, Adina900, ilovemilka

And to everyone else who enjoyed the story!!! :)

THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL!! :)

But for now.....goodbye my friends...<3