Chapter - Nineteen

THE NEXT CHAPTER SHOULD HOPEFULLY BE LONGER THAN THIS ONE :)

HAPPY READING

RECAP

“A bitch?”

He smiles and shakes his head as he reaches out to tuck a strand of stray hair behind my ear.

“No Ella not a bitch. Just well a little cold I suppose and moody.” He smiles at me showing me his white teeth and glittering eyes.

“And you didn’t think it?” I ask him curiously.

“Oh no, I was saying from the start that you were probably sweeter than a bowl of sweet sugar marshmallows.” He says as if what I ‘d suggested was the most ridiculous idea in the whole universe.

I laugh at his choice of words. “Okay.”

I smile and take his hand and hold it tightly. He squeezes my hand and gently starts to stroke it with his thumb.

“Right then you two, we should be setting off.” Kate is saying as she ties her scarf around her neck. I nod and get up, the whole way home I walk beside Elijah but neither of us speak.

Sooner than I’d like, we are standing at the corner of my road. I don’t want to go home at all, but Kate has adopted a rather suspicious look and she frowns when she notices that I’m not moving but am still rooted to the ground.

She raises her arm and waves at me slightly awkwardly.

“Bye,” she says looking at me expectantly.

“Yeah bye Kate, bye Elijah.” I say quietly not meeting either of their eyes.

Elijah smiles at me and beckons at me to come forward, when I reach him he wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead. Before I pull away he quickly whispers in my ear, telling me that he’ll call me later.

CHAPTER NINETEEN

ENJOY :)

Mason's POV (NOT BEEN EDITED) :D

I’ve been waiting by the car for nearly twenty minutes. What the hell does that girl think she’s playing at? I’ve had enough of playing on my phone waiting for her, so I let out a low growl and storm up to the front door, I bang on it a few times before Carl opens the door.

“Where’s your sister?” I ask crouching down to his level. He lets out a toothy grins and points towards the laminate staircase.

“What? But I beeped twenty minutes ago!” I sigh in exasperation and head up the stairs. Just as I’m about to knock I hear the sound of someone crying.

“Jessie?” I push the door a little and then pause waiting for her to speak. I can hear her sniff and then the door opens a few more centimetres. I frown when I notice her bright red nose and eyes; she is still holding a wad of tissue wiping the tears that are still on her face.

She stands back without saying anything to let me in, I stand awkwardly until she goes and sits on the bed. She pulls her knees up to her chest hiding her face.

I walk over and put my arm around her as I take a seat.

“Jessie what’s wrong?” I ask again. I look around the room and realise that’s it’s a complete mess, very unlike the Jessie I know.

It also looks lile totally forgotten that we’re supposed to be going on our date.

“Jess tell me what’s the matter,” I press trying to push her hair away from her face, she gives a final sniff and then looks up. I put a finger on her tear stained cheek and gently stroke it. She just looks into my eyes sadly her lips quivering as she continues to stare silently.