Chapter - Six

RECAP:

“So who do you live with?” I ask as I follow him to the kitchen.

“Just my brother,” he says.

When we get to the kitchen I get and even bigger shock; he has laid out everything that you could possibly use to make a cake.

“Cool stuff” I say “but mine is better,”

“Yeah well better equipment doesn’t necessarily mean better food,” he says.

“So which pile is mine?” I ask.

“Whichever, they both have the same stuff.”

“So how long, shall we say?” I say looking at the clock, wow I think Kian’s house is quite far, it look like twenty minutes to get here and there wasn’t even much traffic at all.

“We’ll say until six, yeah?” he says taking an apron off a hook and handing one to me too.

“Thanks,” I say taking the keep calm and bake cakes apron.

“Right, so on three...one...two...three, go!” he shouted.

*********************************************************************************************

NOT BEEN EDITED

CHAPTER 6

The counter is a mess; covered with flour and icing sugar. But at least I’m nearly done. My cakes are in the oven and now I just need to clear away all this...mess. I glance over at my opponent’s worktop and stifle a giggle.

“What are you smiling at?” Kian grumbles as he catches me looking.

“Nothing!”

“Well you know this doesn’t prove anything, it was just a one off,” he says wiping up rest of the counter with a wad of tissues.

“Of course it was,” I smile sweetly at him.

He frowns at me but doesn’t say anything.

“So while my deliciousness is baking away, have you like got anything else to do?” I ask hopping onto the counter.

“What the hell happened in here?” someone says as the kitchen door flings open and a lookalike of Kian walks in.

“Nothing,” Kian says at the same time I say “cooking,”

“Right whatever, so who are you?” he asks me bluntly grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl and plonking himself onto a stool beside Kian.

“Ella,” I reply.

“Ella...are you his new girlfriend?” he asks biting into his green apple.

“No,” I say quickly, I glance at Kian quickly and he looks away.

“Right...well um...that’s okay then,” he says looking uncomfortable “um Anais said she was calling you before,” he says to Kian.

“Really?” Kian asks suddenly looking brighter.

“Yeah, she was saying something about visiting soon,”

“Hmm,” Kian frowns a little, then he looks at me “come on I’ll drive you home.” He says hopping down from his stool and grabbing his keys from the counter.

“But...what about my cakes?”

Both boys give me a weird look. “I’ll pass them over to you tomorrow,” Kian says opening the door motioning for me to follow.

“Um...okay then,” I say uncertainly.

I have to almost run to keep up with Kian as he is walking extremely fast and as soon as I shut the font door, I can see him shutting the car door behind him.