Chapter - Twenty-Five

RECAP

“Where’s Elijah?” I ask him. He doesn’t answer but just points towards the staircase. Elijah’s door is already open when I reach it but I still knock.

After a few seconds Elijah answers and I step inside, Elijah is sitting in his bed with the remote in his hand; he smiles at me and pats the bed motioning for me to join him.

I take a seat and grimace when I see what he is watching.

“I hate this show!” I say with a pout.

“Ten minutes till the end,” Elijah says reaching out to pinch my cheeks gently. I swat his hand away, whenever someone does that it always leaves giant red marks on my face.

When the show is finished, Elijah switches the television off and for rest of the night we just talk and then Elijah gets out a book with blank pages and we end up playing hangman and noughts and crosses until we both fall asleep with my head resting on his shoulder.

NOT BEEN EDITED.

The final wish chapter twenty-five

Mason’s POV

I’ve decided. As much I don’t like the idea of fathering someone else’s child I will do it for Jess, she was the first girl I ever fell in love with and if doing this brings us back together I’m willing to give it a shot.

The thing is Jess hasn’t called me once since her breakdown so I’m going to go and see how she’s doing.

On my way to her house, I get us breakfast,  a chocolate brownie and mint hot chocolate for me and a ice-cream cupcake and vanilla latte for her. Her mother opens the door and smiles at me, but she doesn’t say anything just points to the stairs.

Just as I’m about to knock I hear her arguing with someone, she’s clearly in the middle of a long rant, when she shuts up I hear a voice that sends me crashing to the floor, I look up quickly but the door hasn’t opened, they didn’t hear me.

I slowly stand up and listen for a few more seconds in shock then bolt down the stairs. I know all I need to.

KIAN’S POV

“Kian!!”

“What?” I shout from my room, I can’t even have five minutes to myself anymore.

“Can you get the door please,” Kaylan says from down the hallway. I sigh and throw rest of the pile of clothes I was sorting out back to the corner of the room. I know I won’t be getting a chance to sort them out anytime soon.

When I get past the hundreds of boxes that are all over the floor and I pull the door open I get a shock when I realise that its Mason standing there.

“Mason?” I ask in disbelief.

“Hi,” he says quietly, he looks up and meets my eyes “Can I come in?”

I sigh, torn between letting him in and getting an earful from Kaylan or turning him away, which would make me feel bad because he has been my best friend since I was very young and was there for me when no one was.

I look at his face, and realise that he is on the verge of a breakdown. I step aside and open the door wider.

“Take a seat,”

I turn the television off and take seat opposite him and look at him waiting for him to speak.

“I went to see Jess today,” he starts off, that girls name instantly makes a scowl work its way onto my face.

“Seth was there, she’s not really pregnant at all, she lied to me because she wanted Seth, she was doing a favour to him,”

“What?” I say not believing what he has just said.