Chapter - Sixteen

RECAP

“One really bad thing my brother did before he ran away was that he broke into this house one night with his mates, it belonged to an old lady. They didn’t know her or anything they just broke into that house; anyway so they went looking for stuff they wanted to steal. They found a lot of money, took that. The lady woke up she got scared and had a heart attack and she died. My brother was the one that had the money in his hands, he was the only one that didn’t get away, he got home though and my mum was out that night so it was just me and my sister, as soon as he came in through the door he threw the bag of money into my hands and the police walked in, and they saw in all dressed up ready to go out, they thought it was me who had done the robbery and they were about to take me ignoring everything I was saying...but then my sister Sophia she came forward and told them that she’d framed me and she was the thief not I, for some reason they just believed her without any questions, so yeah they just took her and she was given five years.”

Kian is looking at me with mouth wide open in disbelief.

“But didn’t they like look into it or anything?” he cries angrily.

“Well no, because you see my sister admitted it was her, they thought there was nothing to investigate or change.”

“But didn’t they see that the person running was a guy not a girl?” he presses.

I just shake my head “No I guess not.”

I’m lie silently after my outbursts; there isn’t anything left to say anyway. After a few minutes Kian sits up and looks down at me.

“You’re a brave girl Ella.” He smiles and brushes my hair out of my face; I can feel his touch warm my face and I feel it turn a shade of dark pink.

He keeps my hair in his hands and twirls the brown locks around “Your hair is so soft.” He mutters.

I lie still; I like it; him playing with my hair I’m afraid that if I move he’ll stop so I lie still as a statue.

“You never forget do you?” he says; I can’t tell if he’s saying to himself or not, so I remain silent. He looks at me and into my eyes. I close my eyes, I want him to kiss me.

As if he can hear me can feel his warm breath on face, I can also smell his cologne, a lovely scent. My breath stops  but I can feel him brush a finger on my cheek, I shiver from his light touch.

“What happened here Ella?” he whispers.

********************************************************************************

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED......ENJOY!!!!

It was about two weeks after dad’s funeral, my mum had stayed out late every day since he had died, and nobody knew what she was doing. My grandfather said that it her way of coping, I told him I don’t see how that’s called coping; it looks more like running away. But he had just smiled and said don’t judge; after all she is my mother and has done magnificent things for me.

So then I didn’t say anything to my mother about her staying out all night, it was just one night when I couldn’t sleep and had come down to get some water. I heard the front door bang I thought it was just her so I danced out to the hallway to say hi, but she wasn’t alone at all. It was awful she was wearing a skimpy red dress that was half off anyway and she was with some man. As soon as the man saw me, he shook my mother away and legged it for the door. When my mother turned around and saw me she went absolutely ballistic, in her fury she grabbed one of her red heels and threw it right at me, it came too fast; I had no chance, it hit me right near my eye. My mother instantly came rushing when she saw where I’d gotten hit; we went straight to the hospital. When the nurse asked me what had happened my mother spoke for me. I drowned her voice out so I can’t remember what said, but the nurse smiled at my mother so I knew it would have been a lie anyway. I had to have six stitches.