The Life Of My Dreams (chapter twenty two)

Tyla

*a year later*

"Goodness im nervous." I said taking a deep breath. Mia stood next to me and smiled.

"You look beautiful." She complimented. I hugged her and returned the compliment. She flipped her hair.

"Oh you dont have to tell me hunny." I laughed and fluffed my curls, and reapplied my lip stick. My mom came and knocked on the door.

"Its ti- ohhh baby!!!!! You look so beautiful!" She squealed while rushing over to me and smothering me in a hug.

"Thank you mama." I croaked. She grinned at me and wiped away the few tears that fell from her face.

"My baby is growing up so fast." I playfully rolled my eyes. My mom left and went to take her seat.

..

I walked down the isle and looked at the few people sitting. They were smiling and wiping their eyes. We didnt want a big wedding so we decided to get married in a small hall.

*

*

*

"Congrats bitch!!!" Mia yelled. I laughed and thanked her. Profit dapped Rich and gave his congratulations.

"We gone catch yall later, we gotta go." Mia said rushing off.

"Why? The reception just started." I whined. She blew me a kiss and left me with an unanswered question.

"Congrats baby, im proud of yall." My aunt Florence smiled. She hugged Rich and I.

"Thanks auntie. We appreciate it." She kissed my cheek and walked off. I sighed as I saw my dad walking up to us. Rich sensed my anger and tightened his grip around my waist for comfort.

"Who the hell invited him?" I asked through gritted teeth. Rich kissed the side of my head and told me to relax.

"I did baby." He said making me frown.

"Hey Ty-." I quickly cut him off.

"Khalil listen if you're here yo ruin my day then you need to leave now." I snapped. Rich whispered in my ear.

"Calm down."

"No no no, im not here for that. I just wanted to tell yall congratulations and im happy for yall. And im sorry for everything." He said smiling and turning to walk away but he turned back to face us.

"Aye man, take care of my baby." He said to Rich.

"Of course." Rich replied. I was confused and shocked, that was totally unexpected.

"Wait!" I called out to my dad. He turned around quickly.

"Yeah?" I walked up to him and looked back at Rich. He had a smile on his face and he winked at me.

"Im sorry too dad, I miss you and I want our relationship to get back to where it was. Of course its not gonna happen over night but if you're willing to try I'll do the same." He smiled and told me he missed me too.

"I promise to try my hardest baby girl." He said seriously. I nodded my head and we hugged. A tear fell from my eye and he wiped it away.

"I love you Ty." I smiled.

"I love you too dad." He smirked and mushed me playfully. I laughed and did the same.

"I have to go, I'll see you later. You look beautiful by the way." He said walking away. I made my way back to Rich and he wrapped me in his arms.

"Im proud of you baby." He said squeezing me tighter. I closed my eyes and snuggled deeper into his chest.

"Yeah me too, and thank you." He looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

"For what?" He asked.

"Doing this and being there for me even though you didnt have to be." I stood on my tippy toes to kiss him and he leaned down.

"I love you, and I would do anything to make you happy."

"I love you too." We kissed again and the dj started talking.

"Its time for the bride and groom's first dance." Everyone cheered and we stepped in the middle of the floor. Spend My Life With You by Tamia and Eric Benét came on and I sung it in his ear as his head laid comfortably in the crook of my neck.

I never knew such a day could come
And I never knew such a love
Could be inside of one

And I never knew what my life was for
But now that you're here I know for sure

I never knew till I looked in your eyes
I was incomplete till the day you walked into my life
And I never knew that my heart could feel
So precious and pure
One love so real

Can I just see you every morning when
I open my eyes
Can I just feel your heart beating beside me
Every night
Can we just feel this way together
Till the end of all time
Can I just spend my life with you

Now baby the days and the weeks
And the years will roll by
But nothing will change the love inside
Of you and I

And baby I'll never find any words
That could explain
Just how much my heart my life
My soul you've changed

Can you run to these open arms
When no one else understands
Can we tell God and the whole world
I'm your woman, and you're my man
Can't you just feel how much I love you
With one touch of my hand
Can I just spend my life with you

His head shot up.

"You can sing?" He asked as he stared at me.

"Everyone knew that baby." I laughed.

"Shit I didnt." He yelled. I shushed him and we continued to dance.

No touch has ever felt so wonderful
(You are incredible)
And a deeper love I've never known
(I'll never let you go)
I swear this love is true
(Now and forever to you)
(only for you)
To you
Can I just see you every morning when

I open my eyes
Can I just feel your heart beating beside me
Every night
Can we just feel this way together
Till the end of all time
Can I just spend my life with you
Can you run to these open arms

When no one else understands
Can we tell God and the whole world
You're my woman, and you're my man
Can't you just feel how much I love you
With one touch of my hand
Can I just spend my life with you

(Forever here with you)
Can I just spend my life with you
Can I just see you every morning when I
Open my eyes

The song went off and he kissed me passionately.

"Ready for our honey moon?" He asked as a smirk appeared on his face. Butterflies formed in my stomach and I became nervous as I nodded my head.