The Life Of My Dreams (chapter twenty)

Tyla

I couldnt believe this, it had to be a dream. I shut my eyes tight as Rich picked me up from the floor. He placed his hands on my lower back when I wrapped my arms tightly around his torso.

"Baby please wake me up." I whispered with my face burried into his chest after I had finally calmed down.

"Ty, it really is me." I turned around slowly and stared at her. It wasnt a dream. Rich took the little boy from Mia and I stood there for a minute before I tackled her to the floor hugging her. She laughed and we both stood then I bombarded her with questions.

"Where the fuck have you been I thought you were dead!?! And who is this little boy?" I asked looking at him. She rubbed her arm nervously and parted her lips to speak.

"U-um I moved to New York and this is my son Braylon." She answered lowly.

"And his father is?" I asked her.

"Profit."

"You need to go talk to him."

"He's not gonna want to talk to me."

"You never know, if you dont try." I said grabbing her hand. She nodded and we left. Rich decided to stay with Braylon.

Profit

I sat on my living room couch scrolling through all of the pictures of me and Mia. I cant believe I killed her, I didnt mean to. It was an honest mistake. The doctors wouldnt even let me see her.

Its been a year and that shit still getting to me. And over the past year I found myself drinking a lot. I looked down at the bottle of Henny in my hands and took a swig. I heard light knocking on my door but ignored it because I thought it was just the liquor fucking with me. But it got louder so I stood and opened the door without looking through the peep hole. I stumbled back when I saw Mia standing in my door, well at least she looked like Mia.

"Hi." She spoke softly. This cant be real. I fell to my knees and grabbed my head.

"This aint real." I spoke loudly.

Mia

I kneeled down and wrapped him in my arms.

"Its me baby, im not dead." I said making him look at me. He hugged me back tightly and started apologizing.

"Im sorry baby, im so sorry. I didnt mean to hurt you. The baby wasnt mine. Please forgive me." He rambled on. I smiled and stood up as he did the same.

"Where were you?" He asked. I sighed and proceeded to explain to him what had happened.

"I um paid the doctor to lie about me being dead." I confessed. He frowned.

"Why?"

"Because I didnt know how to deal with the situation and I was pregn-" I stopped myself when I realized I was talking too much.

"You was what?" He asked. I took a few steps away from him.

"N-nothing." I stuttered. He stared at me and I became nervous. But I had to tell him sooner or later.

"I was pregnant Breon." I said calling him by his first name. He sat on the couch and ran his hand down his face.

"What the fuck you mean, was like you had an abortion or some shit." He snapped.

"No no no, I didnt have an abortion he's here. But he's with Rich." He looked hurt but forced a smile.

"I got a lil shorty running around huh?" He asked. I nodded and smiled thinking of my baby.

"Yep, his name is Braylon and he's one." I told him. He nodded his head and told me he wanted to see him. Well, here goes nothing.