Rat

|Song: Freaks Like Us by Sleeping Wolf|

"What is the light?" Batman asked suddenly appearing in front of Renegade.

"Ugh... What is what?"

"The Light." Batman repeated.

"Ask Edison." Renegade answered with a smirk.

"The organization, Renegade, the Light." Batman said.

"No idea." Renegade said with a blank face.

"Don't lie."

"What? Do you want a pinky swear or something?"

"What is the Light?"

"I. Don't. Know." Renegade said annoyed.

"You were the apprentice of Deathstroke, who is one of the lead members of the Light. You really think I will believe that."

"I was an apprentice for a short time. And Slade was smart enough not to trust me with any important information." Renegade said slowly.

"The team went to one of the bases of Black Manta for a mission, just a couple hours ago. Artemis found a file about the Light before Manta could destroy all of it. Half of it is burned but some parts can be still read. It is a list of the members of the Light and your name's on it." Batman said taking another step towards Renegade with every word.

"Of course my bloody name's on it. I went to missions for them."

"So you know what they're planning." Batman said.

"Look Batsy, I already have enough enemies on my tail. And I barely survived to this day. If the Light learns that I've talked, they'll kill me without a second thought."

"I won't let that happen."

"Thanks Batsy but I don't think they'll be kind enough to get your permission before killing me." Renegade said.

Batman was about to speak when Renegade started talking again.

"And why do you think I'll tell you that anyway. I am not one of the heroes living under this roof, or mountain, whatever. I am only here because you don't know somewhere else to put me." Renegade said.

"Why don't you escape then?" Batman asked.

Renegade paused for a moment, thinking. And he could swear that he saw Batman smile for a millisecond because of his pause.

"What makes you think I haven't tried?" Renegade asked, regaining his reckless expression.

"The fact that you're still here proves that you haven't tried." Batman said.

"Maybe I'm just waiting for the perfect time."

"Two hours ago all the Young Justice team was on a mission. I was in Gotham. Dinah was in Star City. Only person here was Red Tornado. This is the least crowded it can get in this mountain, didn't it sound like the perfect time?" Batman asked.

"Would you believe it if I said I fell asleep?"

"No."

Renegade just rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Ugh... fine. I didn't escape. So what? That doesn't mean I will be a rat."

"What do you think will happen when the Light comes after the team. They'll find you here and they'll kill you too. Want it or not, there is a war that is about to start and you are on our side in this."

Renegade seemed like thinking. What could he loose by giving a small information."

"Vandal Savage." Renegade said with a quiet voice and Batman kept looking at him, waiting him to go on.

"The leader of the Light, it's Vandal Savage."

"Got it. And... thanks." Batman said and left the room.

Thanks? Batman said thanks?

"Wow." Renegade murmured.

"Wow."