Three More Weeks

|Song: War of Hearts by RUELLE (Acoustic Version)|

It's been three weeks since Roy's first visit. Key word: first.

Roy kept his word and Renegade kept getting visits from his 'cousin'.

At first, it really annoyed him. And their conversations always ended up with Renegade telling Roy to fuck off.

But then, Renegade actually started not hating his visits. It was almost nice to leave the isolation in his cell and have someone to talk to.

The guards were letting him out half an hour everyday but Renegade was forbidden to have any conversation with other prisoners.

The isolation in his cell was still driving him insane but even if he didn't want to except, Roy was helping him not to go further on that path.

Roy wasn't asking questions about the life in prison or Renegade's past. Instead he was talking about the normal stuff going on outside. Like football matches or a funny thing that happened to him that day.

Derek and George 'visited' Renegade twice in those past three weeks. Now Renegade had another deep lash on his forehead and a big bruise on his cheek.

Roy looked at his face with wide eyes the first time he saw them but he quickly changed his expression and didn't even ask any questions about it.

So Renegade decided to hold on to his sanity, at least just a little.

Roy came back to the Mt. Justice from another visit to Renegade. He directly went to the kitchen to grab something but he felt all the eyes in the room turn in his direction.

"What?" He asked while biting a slice of pizza.

"Where were you?" Artemis asked.

"Star City." Roy lied quickly.

"On a mission?" Wally asked.

"Yeah. Green and I went to a suspicious warehouse." Roy lied again.

"So Green Arrow was with you?" Artemis asked with suspicion.

"Yes."

"Then would you like to explain why he was here just 10 minutes ago and had absulutely no idea where you were." Artemis said.

Shit. Busted.

"Alright I wasn't with him. But that doesn't mean I am going to tell you where I was." Roy said.

"Why?" Wally asked.

"Because there is a thing called private life. You should try it someday." Roy said and left the room.

"My friends, I think you should let Roy keep his life private. He will talk to us when he feels ready." Kaldur said.

"Fine." Wally said.

They started watching TV. Kaldur, Megan and Connor left after a while and Wally turned to Artemis.

"Are we going to let it go?" Wally whispered eagerly.

"Nope."

Bruce looked at the screen with a victorious look. It wasn't easy to hack into the cameras in Renegade's cell. But he finally did it after 3 weeks, and he got a little help from a girl named Felicity Smoak.

He watched the recording of the manager and the worker coming into Renegade's cell and beating him up. Renegade was obviously trying to fight but he fell to the floor before the manager hit him with the crowbar. The electric collar Bruce thought.

He watched as they landed some good hits on Renegade and left.

Damn it. Bruce thought.

Dick was already not mentally stable and now... He could actually do the things he told he would do.

Bruce watched the footage of other days. He saw that the manager and worker came two more times.

Bruce felt the anger rising inside him. And he was going to make sure that the manager and the worker should pay for what they did and he was going to make sure of that. Not as Batman though. As Bruce Wayne.