Chapter| 35.

*Alex*

As we were walking out of the hospital; well I was being pushed in a wheelchair; which to me, was pretty fucking stupid. I am perfectly capable of walking. Anyway... we were bombarded by reporters.

How they found out about my day of discharge is beyond me. But I'm pretty sure someone on the inside tipped them off.

Fucking bastard.

"Mr. Grant," a young female reporter called and shoved her recorder in my face. "Are there any leads?"

I ignore her. If there were, I'm sure that they would know by now.

"Mr. Grant," this time it was a male. "Did you see who did this to you?"

Once again, I ignore the question. Sure, my memories of that night are a bit... fuzzy. But I remember that man's face. From the scar just above his eyebrow, to his dark brown eyes, all the way to his missing front tooth; that I had the luxury of knocking out.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good look at his partner.

"How is your girlfriend, Fallon handling all this?" This question caused me to flinch. I wasn't expecting it.

Thank God Fallon isn't here.

"No more questions," my father said and pushed my wheelchair through the crowd.

My mother's white Escalade comes into view as we break through the crown. She was sitting in the driver's seat, while Nick was seated in the passenger seat.

Nick jumps out of the car and opens up the back door. He then helps me out of the wheelchair as my father holds it steady.

I'm not going to lie, my chest and sides are killing me right now. Not to mention the headache that I feel coming on.

Nick slides in beside and my father climbs into the front seat. My mother puts the car in drive and pulls out, tires chirping and all.

"Jesus," Nick mutters as he grips the door handle. His knuckles turn white.

"What?" My mother says. There was a hint of amusement in her voice; which is something you don't hear every day.

I like this side of her.

"Clair, slow down," my father's says and I chuckle. I don't think I have ever heard his voice quiver like that before.

"Calm down, Travis," she replies calmly as she makes a sharp turn.

"This is why I do all the driving," my father says.

She hit a bump and I felt like my insides were about to fall out. "Ouch."

"See, you hurt him, Clair, let me drive!"

Oh please do!

"Shut up!"

Kill. Me. Now!

I groan and rub my temples. I was better off taking a fucking cab.

She turns onto the on-ramp and accelerates, passing almost every single car. I don't know why she's in such a hurry. She pulled out of the hospital so fast that I didn't think any of the reporters had a chance to get into their vehicles.

Nick and I sit quietly as my parents bicker back and forth about her driving.

"You okay, bro?" Nick asks.

"Yeah," I sigh. "I just want to get to Fallon's in one piece."

I'm so glad that she has been the one taking care of Max.