Chapter|21.

*Fallon*

Alex pulls up to a large building that has to be Grant Hotels, posted big on the front of it. He puts the car in park and exits the vehicle. After he handed his keys to the valet, he opened my door and held his hand out for me to take, helping me out of the car. He slips his hand around my waist and guides me through the large glass doors.

I swear that everyone's eyes were trained on us. Then again, it could just be my nerves.

"Alex," I whisper and he hums. "Is it just me...or is everyone staring at us?"

I feel Alex's grip protectively tighten around my waist. "Just ignore them," he says softly. "It will pass."

So they are staring? I don't know how he expects me to ignore them when I can feel their eyes burning my skin. But I try with all my might. I don't know how many women gave me dirty looks as we passed by...but I know it was a lot.

Alex led me into a large room that had large, beautiful, crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. I feel like I just stepped out of the streets and into a dream.

Alex removes his hand from my waist and laces his fingers with mine. He brings my hand up to his lips and kisses it softly, letting his lips linger. I still don't think he's real.

My eyes land on two very familiar faces sitting at a table and I relax a little. It feels so good to know that there is someone other than Alex, here to talk to.

"Fallon, is that you?" Nick asks as we approach.

I giggle and nod my head. He holds his arms out for me to step into and gives me a welcoming hug. He pulls back and takes in my appearance, "You look stunning."

"Thank you." I smile warmly and give him a quick once-over. "Not so shabby."

He snorts and adjusts his tie, "Shit...I always look good." I laugh and shake my head. I always knew he was a cocky one.

Marco is next to greet me. He grabs my hand and twirls me around in a circle. "Alex is a lucky man," he says.

"I am," Alex states taking my hand in his. "Now...keep your hands to yourself."

Marco throws his hands up in surrender and smiles. "I'm the least of your worries," he chuckles and looks around the room. "By the look of things, it seems that she has caught the attention of every man in the room."

"What?" I turn around to see at least ten men staring at me with lust-filled eyes. Alex snakes his arm around me and pulls me into his side. He gently places his finger under my chin and lifts it so that my eyes are on him. He doesn't say anything and gives me a light peck on my lips and smiles.

If that wasn't him staking his claim on me...then I don't know what it was.

"I think someone is jealous," Marco chuckles.

Alex chuckles mocking Marco. "I'm not jealous," he states. "I'm just letting them know that she's taken."

"Alexander my boy," a deep voice calls. "So nice of you to finally make it." An older man emerges from the crowd. "Your mother said she wasn't sure if you were going to make it or not. She said you were feeling a bit...under the weather!?"

Alex stiffens at the mention of his mother. "Sure she did," Alex grumbles. "But I'm feeling fine, father."

Father? Now that I get a good look at him, he does look like an older version of Alex.

"And who might this beautiful woman be?" He asks.

Alex smiles and pulls me close, "This is Fallon Mathews." His father's eyes light up with recognition. "Fallon...this is my father, Travis Grant. He built this empire from the ground up."