Chapter|31.

*Fallon*

It's day five and I'm going completely out of my mind. It has been two days since I have been to the hospital and it eating me alive. Two motherfucking days since I have seen, or even touched Alex and it's killing me.

Fucking killing me.

Why haven't I been there you ask!?

Well...that has to do with the large white news van; with the local news station's logo on the side, that has been parked directly across the street from my fucking apartment. It showed up right after I talked to the reporter.

I don't want to confirm her suspicions.

That fucking bitch.

She is on my last damn nerve and I haven't even met her yet.

For her safety, I hope that I don't; in fear of choking a bitch.

I wish I could say that I was joking, but I'm not. It feels like my freedom has been sucked right out from under me and I don't like it.

Nope!

Not one fucking bit.

Never back a wild animal in the corner. You're almost guaranteed to get bit!

"Will you stop looking out the window already? She isn't going anywhere," Ally says. Easy for her to say. She's not the one being stalked.

"She might," I say as I peer out from behind the blinds.

Yeah, I'm desperate.

Ally sighs, "That's wishful thinking love, but reporters don't just go away. They are relentless."

She speaks the truth, but it's really hard to grasp at the moment.

"It just sucks that I can't be there, ya know?" I desperately want to be there. "I thought she was a reporter for the newspaper, not the actual news?"

"That's another thing, they lie," Ally says mater-a-factly.

Bitch!

I snap the blinds shut and pace the room. "I hope they are gone by the time I have to pick up Max."

That's right, Max gets to come home today. I'm so excited to see him.

Max had to undergo two surgeries. Two! One to repair the puncture wound to his abdomen; which didn't hit any major arteries, thank god. That would have been catastrophic; at least to Alex and myself.

As for the second one, well, unfortunately, his left front leg took one hell of a beating and the damage was beyond repair, so they had to amputate his leg; which was a decision that was solely left to me by his family.

Hardest fucking decision of my life.

"Fal, come sit. You're making me nervous."

"Sorry," I mutter and take a seat on the couch next to her. "I'm just stressed. It's one fucking thing after another and I don't know what to do." She grabs my hand and gives it a gentle squeeze.

"I understand that you are going through a lot right now. And I wish that I could tell you that everything will be okay, but I can't. But what I can tell you is, that I will be there for you every goddamn step of the way."

I don't know what to say right now. I am rendered speechless; which is rare.

So what do I do? I pull her into the biggest hug ever, which she returns.

"Thank you," I whisper into her hair. "Thank you so much for being here."

She pulls back and brushes the hair out of my face. "If the table were turned, you would do the same."