Chapter|17.

*Alex*

I'm in my bedroom getting ready when I hear Max barking. The only time he barks is when he's happy and when someone is here. I slide my slip my shirt over my head and make my way down the steps.

As soon as my feet land on the floor, Max comes barreling from the kitchen wagging his tale. "Hey boy," I greet him. "What ya barking at?"

"Me," my mother's voice echoes from the kitchen. "Why don't you come in here so we can talk?" It's never a good sign when my mother shows up unannounced.

"Great," I mumble low enough for only me to hear.

When I walk into the kitchen, I see my mother sitting at the kitchen table, sipping on a glass of tea. She sits her cup down and stands, extending her arms to me. "Alexander darling, aren't you going to come to hug your mother?"

I don't say anything and walk into her open arms. Her strong perfume fills my nostrils and I want to gag. Of all the perfumes she owns, she has to choose the one that gives me a headache.

She pulls back and places her hands on my cheeks and smiles, "How are you?"

I smile and place my hands on top of hers, pulling them away, "I'm doing good, Mother. What are you doing here?"

Her smile never wavered, "What? A mother can't come and see how her son is doing?"

My mother isn't known for making social calls.

I cock my eyebrow not buying what bullshit she is trying to sell me.

"Cut the bullshit...why are you here?"

Her eyes narrow and her face hardens, "You have a girlfriend and didn't tell me," she says. "I had to find out from your father."

And there it is. I knew she wasn't here to visit. Well...not in the way I would like her to visit.

"I'm disappointed in you," she adds. "A waitress...really Alexander. All that girl is going to do is use you for your money. She'll never love you, for you."

I shake my head in disgust. How could she say that? She doesn't even know her. "You don't know what you're talking about. Fallon isn't like that."

She snorts, "Fallon? What kind of mother names their child Fallon? Ridiculous."

She really starting to piss me off. "I happen to like her name, thank you very much."

Her eyes flash with anger, "Don't get smart boy." I can practically see the veins popping out of her forehead. "Now you listen and you listen well. No son of mine is going to be seen dating a waitress. You break up with her this instant. We can find you another date for the party."

She has got to be kidding me. "Just because you're my mother, it doesn't give you the right to tell me who I can and cannot date." Her face reddens. "Therefore, I will not break it off with her just because you told me to."

She lifts her hand to strike me and I catch it. "Do you see yourself right now?" She looks like a fucking mad woman. "What is wrong with you?" I shout, releasing her hand and it falls to her side.

"Alex..."

"Don't," I cut her off. I don't want to hear anything she has to say. "This conversation is over." I grab my keys from the counter. "Make sure you lock the door on the way out."

She grabs my arm, "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to see the one person in this world that makes me happy," I tell her, yanking my arm out of her hands and walking out the door.