Chapter|10.

*Fallon*

Once again, I find myself leaning on the counter. I want to sit so bad, but I'm afraid that if I do...I won't be able to get back up. It isn't just my feet that hurt this time— nope. I could handle that. It's my entire body.

My feet feel like I walked a mile over lava rock in my bare feet. My back feels like I did a thousand backflips in a row, and my shoulders and arms hurt like I just bench-pressed hundreds of pounds of weights.

I'm sure you're asking why. Well, let me tell you. We were fucking busy. So busy that I actually had to call Ray in on his day off to help. It was like everyone woke up and said, I think we'll go to Ray's for dinner today.

However, I did make a shit load of tips, $400 to be exact, which I gladly split with Jeff—leaving me with $200. So the pain is worth it.

I try to stifle a yawn, but it escapes anyway. I wipe the tears from my eyes and continue to wipe down the tables. I don't think I have ever wiped these tables so much before in my life.

When I was finished with the tables, I grabbed the broom and began to sweep the dirt and crumbs from the floor. I groan, even my damn hands hurt from sweeping so much. I prop the broom against the wall and grab the mop, but not before placing the wet floor sign on the floor in front of the door.

Just as I was finishing up, my mind drifted to Alex and I smiled. This is actually the first time I have had the chance to think about him since he dropped me off.

"I think the president was in town today or something," Jeff says as he walks out of the kitchen, looking just as tired as I feel.

Ray walks out after him, drying his hands on a rag before draping it over his shoulder. He gives me a tired smile and nods towards the door. I turn around to see Alex, standing in the doorway. When in the hell did he get here? I didn't even hear the bell.

"Hey," he greets me and I smile. The exhaustion I was feeling before was now gone.

"Hey yourself," I glance at the time. "You're early." I don't get off for another 30 minutes.

He shrugs, "I know. I just couldn't wait to see you."

My smile grows. He is just too damn sweet. "Yeah?" I breathe and he nods, his smile matching my own.

We stare into each other's eyes for who knows how long before I hear someone clear their throat. I turn around to see both Ray and Jeff staring at us with smirks plastered on their faces. Oh, how I would love to smack them right now.

"So this is the great Alex, I have heard so much about?" Jeff asks. What? I haven't talked about him all like that. I send him a glare, earning me a wicked smirk in return.

Alex chuckles, "Ah, so you're talking about me at work now too?"

Yeah, I have, but not in the way Jeff is implying.

"No," I squeak. I'm a horrible liar.

Alex's smile widens. "That's alright. I talked about you today too."

I can feel my face heat up with embarrassment. Alex barks out a laugh that has my inside swooning.

Ray snickers, "You're as red as a tomato, Fallon." No shit. "Are you feeling alright?"

I snap my head in his direction. What an asshole. Is he trying to embarrass me? By the smug look on his face, I would have to say that he is.

Ray walks up to Alex and introduces himself. They shake hands and begin to talk about lord knows what. I take this time to finish up with my cleaning and head towards the kitchen. When I enter the kitchen, I am stunned to see it is already clean.