Chapter|24.

*Alex*

After I was finished with my dinner, my father and brother decided to pay me a visit. And to my surprise, my mother was with them. She never goes on business trips. She avoids them like the plague. Which leads me to believe she is up to something.

The entire time they were here, she never once spoke a word to me. However; she did glance at me a few times when she thought I wasn't looking. Well, guess what mom, I was.

It feels so weird staying in a hotel that your father doesn't own. My father has been trying to buy Tyler Resorts for years. And now that old man, Morgan Tyler is ready to retire, he hopes that he gets the first opportunity to buy it; which would be a great addition to our company.

You see, Morgan Tyler doesn't only own a hotel in New York. He owns them in all the best vacation destinations as well. The Bahamas, close to the Jersey shore, Hawaii, and so on. Hence the reason for his company's name, Tyler Resorts. This investment could bring in a fortune for us.

With a sigh, I slip on my jacket and head to the elevator. Everyone is supposed to meet in the lobby before heading to the dining area where the meeting will take place. Usually... meetings like this would be held in a conference room or office. But Mr. Tyler loves to eat while making business deals.

When I reached the lobby, my father, brother, and my mother were standing around, talking amongst each other. My mother doesn't seem too happy with the conversation they are having, but I shrug it off as nothing and plaster a smile on my face.

As I approach, my father is the first to notice me and smiles. "There you are. I thought I was going to have to send out a search party," he jokes.

I laugh, "Trust me if I were to go missing. It would be on purpose."

My mother snorts, earning herself a hard glare from my father. My father sighs and throws his arm over my shoulder and slowly begins walking towards the dining room. "Give her time," he whispers in my ear. "She'll come around one day."

I couldn't help but snort myself. He and I both know it would take a miracle for that to happen. But I'm willing to fight tooth and nail for Fallon. Right now isn't the time to dwell on my personal life and file it away for now.

He led us to a table located in the back of the room where Morgan Tyler and a few others were seated. Mr. Tyler smiles as he stands from his seat and straightens his suit. He extends his hand to my father, "It's good to see you old friend. How have you been?"

My father takes his hand in his and shakes it firmly, "I'm doing well, thank you. How have you been?"

Mr. Tyler chuckles, "As good as a dinosaur could get." He directs his eyes towards my mother. "And who might this beautiful woman be?"

My father laughs and places his hand on my mother's back. "This is my wife, Clare. Clare this is Morgan Tyler."

My mother smiles and extends her hand, and Mr. Tyler shakes it. "It's nice to finally meet you," she says kindly.

"And these are my boys," my father adds. "This is my oldest, Nicolas," he shakes my brother's hand. "And this is my youngest, Alexander."

I take his hand in mine and shake it kindly. He is an older gentleman, in his late 70s, I believe. His skin is wrinkled, making him look a lot older than he really is. And his white hair is slicked neatly to the side. If that's the way men his age style their hair, I hope I'm bald by then.

He introduced us to the rest of the table, his attorney, Monica, and his son, Skyler; which both seemed very welcoming. We all took our seats and took a moment to look over the menu. I ended up ordering mozzarella sticks. Since I have already eaten.