Chapter|8.

*Fallon*

Pennsylvania is now home to a lot of wellsites, meaning— we get a lot of truck drivers that stop in. And being the only diner on this stretch of road brings us a lot of business. But it isn't just truckers who stop in. We also have a lot of dedicated hometown locals that come in as well. Without them, I'm afraid this place would have shut down a long time ago.

Since my shift has started, I haven't stopped moving— until now. For some reason, it's a lot busier today than it has been all week. But I'm not complaining, the more the merrier.

After wiping down all the tables, I decided to sweep and mop the floor since nobody was in there. When I was finished, I made my way behind the counter and leaned on it. My feet hurt so bad right now, that any relief would do.

I like these little breaks after a rush. It gives me time to catch up on my cleaning and prepping. Lord knows I'm the only one— besides Ray, that does it. And the faster that I get all that done, I get to relax until the next customer decides to walk in.

I grab an old magazine that was sitting on the counter and begin sifting through the pages. This thing has been sitting here for months now, but it's the first time that I'm actually looking at it.

'Hot topic. The Hottest club in, Pennsylvania.' That's my club. Well, not mine— but you know what I mean. It's the only place I go to, aside from a few local bars when I'm not feeling the dancing scene. Is the page I land on. Most of the page is missing, but that doesn't stop me from reading.

From what I could read, the owner of the club is a rich, young male and is also considered one of the sexiest bachelors in Pennsylvania. In fact, it says he is a favorite amongst the ladies. I roll my eyes and slide the magazine away. I would rather stare at the counter than read anymore.

I placed my chin on my fist and stared out the window, watching the cars pass by. My mind wanders to Alex and the wonderful night we had together.

It's been a while since I have shown this much interest in a man. After Dom treated me the way he did— always cheating, taking all my money, telling me that I was lucky that he even found me mildly attractive and that no one else did, I wanted nothing to do with the male species. It took me a while, but I eventually left him— with the help of Ally of course. It wasn't easy at first, but I managed to do it.

Alex seems different though. Yes, I know that we just met, but he does. He's very respectful and values my opinion. Every time I spoke it was like he was hanging on to every word I said— whereas Dom, never gave two shits about my feeling or what I thought. It was always about him and him only.

He wasn't always like that though. In the beginning, he was a sweetheart. Always showered me with gifts, even when I told him not to. He was the first one to tell me good morning and the last one to say goodnight. He made me feel special.

But after a while, I started to see a change in him. He began to push me away. The sweet things he used to do for me— the gifts, which I didn't care much for, to begin with, had stopped as well as the beautiful texts.

Every time I would try and call him, it would go straight to voice mail. Of course, I would leave a message only to receive a text message saying that he was too busy to talk and would call me back later. That was definitely a red flag.

It wasn't until I called him one night after work that I knew he was cheating on me. His phone rang a few times and a woman answered his phone. At first, I thought I wanted to believe that I dialed the wrong number, but I knew. Deep down I knew.

Turns out, he had a side chick the entire time we were together and it wasn't until later that I found out that he had a one-year-old son with her too. One year! We were together for two. It was a slap to the face. I've never felt so embarrassed in my life.