Chapter|34.

*Fallon*

There are entirely too many words out there to describe just how fucking happy I am right now.

If you haven't figured it out already, then let me fill you in...

Alex comes home today! Short and simple; which is why I am running around my apartment like a mad woman, trying to get everything in order before his arrival.

Yep, you guessed it...

Alex will be staying with me for the duration of his recovery. Believe it or not, this was all his mother's idea.

Yes, I know. I'm still trying to grasp what is happening with all that. It's so strange to have someone loathe you from the gate; judging you without any reason whatsoever and then have them do a complete 180 on you.

Whiplash is what that shit is called. And I have a severe case of it.

Just kidding.

She said that she doesn't feel safe with him staying in his home alone and in all honestly, I don't either. After all, the people who did this to them are still out there somewhere and no one knows if this was just a random act or intentional.

And on top of that, there hasn't been a single lead.

Yeah, you heard me right.

Nothing.

At least that's what we are being told.

You would think with it being all over the news that somebody would know something. But I guess that's just wishful thinking.

Anyway... so far I have washed and folded all my clothes and put them away.

I hate washing clothes just as much as I hate washing silverware. It's like a never-ending fucking story.

Come on, I can't be the only one!

As I was saying... clothes are done and I just finished washing dishes, which was brutal. Somehow... I used every single dish that I owned and just layered them on the counter.

I swear on everything that, that's not like me at all.

Normally, I'm a pretty clean person and like my things in order.

Yeah shame on me.

But in my defense, my world was literally turned upside down and I found it very hard to juggle life.

So I had to let a few things go.

I fill Max's food bowl with food and give him fresh water.

Needless to say, he was done within five minutes. I swear this dog acts like he never eats.

Speaking of Max, Alex didn't take the news too well. When his father told him the extent of his injuries and that he was now handicapped, he pretty much lost it. And I don't blame him. Max is a huge part of his life.

"Come, Max," I call and take a seat on the couch. This is the first time I have sat down since I started my day.

Max jumps up on the couch after a little bit of coaching and lays down next to me. He gets around pretty good for a three-legged dog. "You're such a good boy," I say and scratch him behind his ear.

He really is. I can definitely see why Alex loves him so much.

"Are you ready to see Daddy?" I coo and he wags his tail. You can definitely tell that he misses Alex. "I know how you feel, buddy. He will be home soon," I add.

I hear the door open and slam shut. "Hey bitch," Ally greets me as she enters the living room. She walks over to the chair and plops down. "How are you?"