Chapter|16.

*Fallon*

As promised, I called Alex as soon as I got home. When his tired, husky voice flooded my ears— I shivered in delight and knew he must have been sleeping.

I giggle, "I'm sorry if I woke you..."

I'm not really sorry. If anything...I'm jealous. I'm so tired I could probably fall asleep standing up. With that being said, I walk over to the couch and sink right into it.

He stretched and let a yawn escape his lips. I can just picture him doing this and let me tell you— in my mind, he looks sexy doing it. "It's okay," he says. "I was just killing time while you were at work."

I still don't think he's real. Men like him don't exist. Maybe this is a cruel joke conjured up by the universe to teach me a lesson. About what— I don't know.

"What time is it?" His sexy husky voice once again rings through my ears. It's actually a turn-on. He needs to clear his throat or something before I start begging for him to come over.

"It's a little after five," I say a bit shakily. I'm trying so hard right now not...to show him how speaking to him is affecting me. Is this even normal?

He begins talking and I listen to each word carefully. I like listening to him talk. There is something about his voice that's so calm and inviting that I could just listen to him speak all day.

"How's Ally?" He genuinely sounds concerned.

"Still sleeping," I sigh. "She's shaken up about this and I don't know what to do."

I feel really bad for her. But at the end of the day, she brought this on herself.

"She's lucky to have a friend as good as you are," he says and I smile. "Not many people your age would even consider helping their friend in the way you are. You have a strong head on your shoulders and that's what I love most about you."

Swoon!

Wait a minute...did he just say love the most...? I shake my head and tell myself not to think too much about it.

"If Marco was to come up to me right now telling me that he got some girl pregnant, I don't know what I would do," he says. You can hear the truth behind his words. "To be honest, I would probably smack him upside the head for being so careless."

I laugh. I can definitely relate to that. There was a split second when I wanted to smack Ally and ask her what the hell was she thinking. But that quickly diminished when I realized that Alex and I had a stupid moment, two to be exact.

"H-hey Alex!?"

He hums.

"Um...y-you do realize that w-we made the same careless decision...r-right?" I palm my forehead. God, I sound like a broken record.

He hums again, "I knew you would bring that up at some point." He doesn't sound too worried and for some reason, I'm not bothered by it. "Have you ever met someone and instantly knew that they were the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with?"

My breath catches in my throat and my heartbeat speeds up. "When I heard your voice for the first time, I knew you were the one I wanted to share my life with. So if you end up in the same situation as your friend, I will be there."

My heart swells. He's like my very personal Prince Charming. "I-I don't know what to say," I breathe.

I really don't. It took me months to develop feelings for Dom. But with Alex, things are accelerating at a speed my mind can't keep up with. So this love at first sight is new to me.