Chapter|5.

*Alex*

I dreamed of her last night. I dreamed of her perfect body beneath mine— her scratching every inch of my back as she stared up at me with lust-filled eyes. God, her eyes. Every time I close mine, hers— flashes in my head.

I planned on making an appearance at the diner she works at today, but my plans were quickly shut down by none other than my mother. Love her to death, but she really has horrible timing.

The reason for her call? My older brother, Nick is in town and she wants us to sit down and have a big family dinner.

Am I happy he's in town? Of course, I'm happy. I haven't seen him in almost a year and I miss him. Before he left we were inseparable.

Aside from being the same height and body build, Nick and I look nothing alike. I get my charming looks from my father and well— yep you guessed it. He looks very much like my mother. Brown hair, brown eyes, charming smile all that good stuff.

We almost shared the same circle of friends. Almost.

He only has a few I actually like. All the other ones are entirely too suck up for my liking and I can only tolerate their rudeness for so long. I guess it all depends on my mood that day.

My mind wanders back to the blonde-haired beauty and I smile. The one good thing about all this— she doesn't have a clue as to who I am and we are connecting like normal people should.

You see, I come from money. Lots of money. My father is the owner of Grant Enterprises— and the CEO of Grant Hotels. The best hotel chain in the business— making my brother and I a target for fake friends and gold diggers. He worked hard to get where he is at— built it from the ground up.

He came from nothing and with lots of hard work— became something.

My mother on the other hand came from money. Her parents were the owners of a bank— that for the life of me, cannot remember the name of.

Anyway, they met on a cruise and despite their different backgrounds, fell madly in love and have been together ever since.

Perfect love story right? Yeah, I thought so too.

My encounter with Haley was solely based on my mother's doing. Haley is the daughter of my mom's newest best friend, Renee.

My mother along with hers has been trying to hook us up for the past six months and when I saw her at the club, I decided to give it a shot. But apparently, she gave me the wrong number, whether it was on purpose or not— she still did.

This leads me back to, Fallon. The one girl who has my full attention.

I take out my phone and open my photo gallery. Yes, I saved the photo she sent me to my gallery. Don't judge me.

I zoomed in closely so I could look into those big beautiful, striking, blue eyes and smile.

"What's got you smiling, little brother," Nick says out of nowhere. "Has to be something good since you've been cheesing at your phone— like a high schooler for the past two minutes. Or should I say a special someone?"

Nick is one of those brothers who have to know everything and will nag the hell out of you until he gets what he wants. But ask him about his life and you ain't getting shit.

I roll my eyes and slide my phone back into my pocket. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

"I would. That's why I made a point to bring it up," he deadpans.