sixty-four.

"Lawyer," Hyungwon sighed. "I need a lawyer. A good lawyer. A damn good lawyer." He was sat at his desk, typing away.

I was on my phone ready to make calls. "How much longer do you have on your restraining order, do you know?"

He shook his head. "Two years is jurisdiction, but I know good and well that Akira probably extended it after Wonho slashed her tires, thinking it was me." I nodded, looking at those laws.

"I still can't believe they started dating at all?" It was a bit concerning to me. It was so fast? But that really wasn't any of my business. I just wanted Hyungwon to find something he could fight for. And I didn't want another kid to think their father was dead or never wanted them.

Hyungwon scoffed. "I heard she was always out, I didn't even suspect that they'd be dating. She's not the type of girl you date seriously and I found that out the hard way." He sighed a bit, looking down at his keyboard for a second. "Let's get one thing straight before I say this. And I don't want you to judge what I say too harshly."

I nodded a bit before realizing he wasn't looking at me. "Yeah, sure." I sat up, ready to listen.

"I most certainly, absolutely do not regret having a kid. I do not regret Benji. But I regret ever being with his mother. As much as I wanted a kid a while ago, I'm so glad it never worked out." Part of that felt relieving to know. "And I want to thank you for breaking me just enough. I know I'll be dealing with trauma for life, but the last thing I ever wanted to do was finally get a chance to meet my kid and there was a whole family he never got to know and it seemed like he was replaced. I want him. God knows how much I want him. And I want him now, so he knows. So he knows me, so he knows that I want him. I needed you to break me one last time."

I smiled a bit. "Well, I'm glad you only needed my words." I leaned over to kiss his forehead. "Next step was beating your ass." Hyungwon chuckled as I got up.

"Kihyun?" He asked as I started to walk out. "Are you leaving?"

I looked at the time. "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom real quick and then shoot over to the hospital." We both grimaced at my phrasing. "Aye... that was not the right word to use." I chuckled softly.

"Come here," he whined, waving me over.

I smiled a bit, taking my time. "You've become the biggest baby I've ever known. I literally don't know who's more dominant anymore."

Hyungwon rolled his eyes, pulling closer to him by my thighs. "Just because I'm so in love with you? I'm a baby now?" He smiled softly. A true smile that I hadn't seen in so long. "Sit down," he said. I looked around to find a place to sit. "Don't clown me, you know what I mean." I sighed, sitting down on his lap, straddling him.

"I don't wanna," I whined. "I have to go before visiting hours are over."

He shook his head. "I just wanted you extremely close to me when I said this." He grabbed my face, kissing me passionately. "I don't think you understand, just how much I love you." He spoke in between kisses before pulling away. "I can't wait to see you walk down the aisle. I can't wait to call you mine forever. Because you're the one. You've always come back for me. And I can't wait to marry you one day and be your husband. And you be mine." He pulled me into another kiss. "And we'll be happy, we'll move away from here, bring Jooheon along. We'll be happy." Tears started to fall and I pouted softly.

"Shh," I whispered, kissing his cheek. "You're okay. We're okay." I wiped away his tears, running my fingers through his hair. "We're okay. And we're going to be okay. We're going to be happy." I kissed him once more before getting up. "Take a nap and I'll be back before you know it okay?" I shut his laptop. "You're just getting started. You won't find all the answers in one day." He nodded, standing up and heading for his bed.