Tea talk

Thank you all readers

__________

HAZEL

The tea is not helping.
My nerves are frazzled, I am about to meet Nico after a long time.
I don't know what to do... I have an urge to smack him in the head for leaving.

As I seat on the booth chair looking at the window, hoping I had understood him better so he would leave. Everytime the door of the Café opens I look up but it's not him.

I take a sip of my tea, thinking of things I could be doing at this time but none are this important, I didn't even bring Frank.

I look up as person who looks vaguely familiar comes in, I thought Nico would still look like... Nico but boy am I wrong. He looks like a businessman of sort or a high level gangster with his colourful shirt leather coat his hair long.

He is healthy looking, his skin looking tan not his usual paleness, he also grew a few feet. He looks around after ordering from the blushing cashier and his eyes land on mine with one look I can tell he has been through some horrible things. I am just looking at him so hard that I don't even notice his awkward wave.

He walks towards me holding his order. He seats across me "hi... it's been a while. " he says and I want to give him a hug but by seating down means that he doesn't want to be hugged.

"Yes a while." I reply looking him closer there is something about him that feels... old.

He sips his coffee and looks at me with a slightly raised eyebrow." Why are looking at me like that? I haven't changed that much." He says.

"There is just... something different about you." I say with a small smile knowing we won't talk about the elephant in the room.

He looks at me for a while " there is something different about you too... there is this sort of maturity about you." He says looking away I take a sip a tea "you and Frank starting a family?"

The tea which I just sipped came spilling out of my mouth splattering on the table, I cough wiping the table with a napkin. " What?!"

He laughs looking at me "I guess that means soon. A demigod's life is a very short thing trust me I know." He says coldly before taking a bite of his bagel.

When the coldness in the room goes away I decide to just not push him for answers about where he has been and not wanting to answer about my pregnancy "so... Percy and Annabeth broke up." I say.

"What?" He says with a slightly smile "the undying loving couple?"

"Yep. The pressure got to them when they were planning their wedding. " I say smiling slightly remembering the cake covering couple laughing.

"Oh I wish I could have seen that." He sips his coffee laughing lightly.

I start telling him the story sometimes he would tell me that he spent some holiday in some far off land.

I end up enjoy our brunch. He even gives me some information of him in Canada where he nearly froze to death and India where he faced monsters.

We spoke like brother and sister should, I could see him loosening up and that calmed me down.