The father-son bonding time.

^^love this song

Ever hear the expression that says ' you can cut the tension with a butter knive'?
I sometimes I use that expression but it has never be used truer that this time... Me seating across my father.

He is looking at me, I am looking at him and we are basically looking at each other - replace the look to stare because we are having a stare down- he hasn't said a thing, I haven't said a thing and we... okay I pretty you get the picture.

I decide to just not give him the satisfaction of caring by slouching on the chair looking at him before feeling my pockets for cigarettes.

" I am sorry Nico." Hades says looking at me.

I take out my cigarette and look at him wondering if he was waiting for sort of celebration or maybe confetti falling from his dark ceiling.

" I should have known that you were under pressure and not put the blame on you." He continued brushing his frazzled hair back- good thing he is not wearing his soul robe because I found that the souls moan every time he move even just slightly- he is wearing a dark suit with a dark shirt no tie. " I've  not been a father to you more like a drill master. Which is why I want to give you... a gift of sort"

The word gift triggers dark memories that I have buried for a while.

" just keep it... I don't want anything from you." I say quickly not wanting it. " you can just take me back where you took me from."

He looks at me with a hurt look which gives my heart a painful twang which make want to explain. " I know you are trying to fix things but the time has passed I just want to continue my average mortal surrounded life" I say giving a small smile and a thought hits me. " how did you find Me?" I question.

He looks at me " is a ruling ground like my mortal domain, like Apollo has Australia, Aphrodite has France and on it goes." That explains a lot about why I always feel energized.

" oh" is my intelligent answer thinking about 'time bubbles' which are pockets of space that I found that have no passage time  if you enter it not time passed outside and inside. I have learnt many things being in a 'bubble'.I am over qualified as a mortal in know 10 different fighting skills, 13 languages, how to use 14 instruments and 8 exercising ways ( yoga included) that's just naming the few.

"Look Nico I kept something about your family... " he says, my eyes connect with his in 'go on' way. "Your mother started a company all those years back called Black Tulip. And it has grown to a big company, in mortal standards and you can inherit it if you want."

Though this was new I really don't want a company, I don't know the first thing about running a company and before I can say 'Pass'.

" it comes with three things The Di Angelo estates, heirlooms and my gift." He says hastily.

He got me, the reason that I left camp was to be me and find out who is Nico Di Angelo, he just offered me things that might piece together what does a Di Angelo do. " you really want me to agree." I say with a sigh crushing the cigarette tossing it a side.  " ok I take the... 'gift' " I add the finger quotations.

" great... you have to prepare so you have a year the CEO is very corrupt so you have to clean it up from the roots ." He says taking out a contract. " sign here" he says pointing with a pen at the edge of the paper.

" what's this?" I didn't know when you make a deal with a god you have to sign a contract.If that was a fact then Percy wouldn't have ended in those predicaments if gods made him sign a contract saying 'one war from demigod Perseus Jackson '.

I take the contract looking through it " it's a contract saying that you own all di Angelo property and company. " he says

I read that I will be owning 52% of shares while the other share holders get 10 or 6 percent shares. I take the pen and scribble down my name.

"As your father I have to ask about your questionable choice of friends. " he asks taking away the contract.

"They are nothing that your godly head has to be worried about." I answer as he places a file and a big envelop. Before I can ask.

"Explains about the company." He says and I just nod my head.

" can I go now?" I question standing up.

" still missing something..." he says standing up from his seat.

"What-" I am cut short when something dark, shadowy and ball like hits me square in the chest and my body flies back hitting the wall hard collapsing on the floor. " fuck." I breath out my body aching all over. It takes a minute to stand up. " what in the chaos?"

" it's my gift "he says placing a book on top of the file.

" you should have warned me or brush up on your wrapping skills" I huffed looking at the book which is written in ancient Greek 'Many faces of Hades'.

" sorry. " he says.

" if you really want the father-son bonding try basics " I say " like baseball."

He smiles " when are you free to do that?"

"Not this month..." I says flinching as I feel my skin burning up. "I will call you " I pick up the file with the book and envelop.  " can I go now?"

" just visit sometimes, Persephone misses your company. " he says

" I will speak to her." I say. And see the darkness swirling around me I feel my stomach lurch.

I find myself standing in the middle of my room my phone ringing on my table I pick it up.

It's Junior " I will call you later." I say cutting  the call looking at the time 2 hours have passed in the few minutes in the underworld. I feel my skin burn around my chest " what the fuck did you do to me dad?" I mutter tossing the papers at the couch, removing my jacket and tee. Leaving my chest here. I rush to the bedroom to use the mirror. That's when I see it, black and bleeding brands around my body, well mostly the left side of my body good thing it's not on my face but a warning would have been good..

" fuck. " I breath looking at my left arm the intricate patterns seem to be telling me something.

Like dad has to brush up on his bonding skills.