Dirty Secrets 27

Leah....
Everything was blurry when I tried to open my eyes. I continue to blink a million times until the dark figures came into focus. When my vision finally became clear. I saw my aunt Kay and James sitting in chairs. I was so confused where am I? what's going on? I tried to open my mouth and talk but my mouth was so dry I couldn't even get words out? Out of no where my body was on fire and I realized I was in the hospital. I let out a groan and both James and my Aunt Kay came rushing to me.

"Oh my lord thank you Jesus my Le Bug is ok" my aunt Kay cried out while rubbing my head. She started running out the room screaming "I need a Nurse or a Doctor she is woke. Someone help us"

James instantly began apologizing a whole bunch of times "Baby I'm sorry. I love you! I thought I lost you." I can see tears rolling down his face. I kept grunting trying to clear my throat.

The nurses and a doctor started to come in my room.
The doctor stood in front of me "hello Leah my name is Dr. Reid and I'm going to ask you a series of yes and no questions and I just want you to nod your head yes or no. Do you understand what I just said nod your head yes or no." I nod my head up and down.
"Perfect! Are you thirsty?" I nodded my head up and down it felt like someone wiped my mouth with sand paper. Dr. Reid grab a white cup with a pink bendy straw and put the straw up to my lip. I drank the whole cup.

She gave the cup to nurse and turned back towards me and asked "Would you like some more remember to nod yes or no I don't want you to try to speak yet" I nodded my head up and down again. Dr. Reid instructed the nurse to put more.

"Now Ms.Brown as we wait on the nurse to come back. You are here at the hospital cause you were in a accident. Do you remember anything that happen?" I shook my head no all I can remember is bright lights and everything going dark.

I guess she realized I was trying to remember and she chimes in while I was I mid thought "It's ok if you don't remember injuries like this tend to have that effect it will come back to you just give it time."
Just then the nurse returned with more water thank god cause I was still thirsty. I grabbed the cup myself this time and began drinking it like it was the last water on earth. "Ok Ms.Brown I want you to try to speak ok" Dr. Reid took the cup from me. I tried to clear my throat and said "yes ma'am" my voice sounded raspy. I can hear my aunt Kay in the background praying and thanking god.
"Great!!! Ms. Brown you have been in coma for a week and I have a few more questions for you" I looked at her in total shock a week what the hell happen? why can't I remember? I responded with yes ma'am because being a military brat my momma would beat me black and blue if I responded with anything less than that. " Leah are you in pain and if so where" it felt like my whole body was on fire so I responded "ma'am it feels like my whole body hurts"
Dr.Reid turned to the nurses "let's get Ms.Brown started on some anesthesia but give her a lower dose do to her condition" she turned back to me "Ms.reid I also wanted to ask you did you know you were pregnant?" I looked at her in disbelief "I'm what???"
Ms.Reid began talking again "It looks like you are about 10 weeks pregnant. The baby is fine there was no harm to you so the anesthesia we are going to give you is a morphine that is safe for the baby if you are still in pain we will give you some motrin combine with the morphine to the stop the pain." I looked at James.

"I'm guessing you are the father and you were unaware too" the doctor was now looking at James. "I didn't know anything why didn't y'all tell me sooner?" 

"I'm sorry this is something we had to wait for the patient to awake to inform her at the same time out of respect for the patient.

I can't believe I'm pregnant 🤰 what the hell......