Feedback requested!

Hi readers! Thanks so much for sticking it out! I'd love to hear your comments on the finished story. Specifically, I want to know if it's clear that Alex, though he is charming and Novela falls in love with him, is the wrong choice for her? I know "bad boy" romances are hot but I also feel like it's important to show that sometimes you SHOULDN'T do just about anything for love, including selling out yourself, your identity, your beliefs, etc. In real life, bad boys don't always (almost ever) magically turn into Prince Charming once you kiss them a few times.

Of course, people can change, but I hoped to make it clear that Alex wasn't going to. He was willing to do just about whatever it took to get Novela, and he did love her, but ultimately he loved himself more. I felt like I was straddling a very fine line between showing why Novela would want to choose him, but also why she shouldn't. I wanted the reader to see that this was clearly a bad decision, and yet, at the same time, secretly hope that she would take it. Or at least understand why she would.

Also, was Alejandro's death a complete shock? Did the foreshadowing work at all there?  I wanted that to be a surprise, obviously, but one that makes sense, not one that makes you swear out loud. Anyone still angry with me about that?

Anything else that worked/didn't work? I'm approaching my second draft so feedback is very helpful, on any elements of the story. Anything you found unclear? Boring? Awesome? Please be as specific as possible!

And again, thank you so much for reading!