Chapter 33: A Dark Future

A/N: I have decided to not add the part where Fairy Tail is announced the winners. I will skip straight to where the Eclipse gate is being opened. For this chapter and the next or so, it will be switch between future you and Natsu's p.o.v.

-

Natsu's P.O.V

"It's terrible..." Y/N says quietly and I see tears falling from her eyes.

"Then we'll do something! To prevent it!" I tell her.

"You believe me?!" She asked surprised.

"Was that a lie or something?!" I shout and she shakes her head, "I didn't think you guys would believe me..."

"You're Y/N, we trust you. You've helped us countless of times and you helped us again by warning us of what's going to happen." Lucy said.

Y/N stands, "Well we should get started! Find the Eclipse gate. I know a path we can take!"

-

"I've roamed the castle to find a quick way there." Y/N tells us as we run down the castle hallway. However, guards come out from some sort of hallway and surround all of us. "What—?!" She exclaims, "I didn't know guards would be here..."

I slap my fist into the palm of my hand and smirk, "We'll take care of them for you!" Y/N then removes her cloak and her fist are engulfed in flames, "I'd never let you guys fight alone." I realise her outfit is the same one she wore to the Grand Magic Games on the last day. Her clothes are all torn up and burnt.

We stand back to back and start handling all the guards. They weren't much of a problem. It was easy until those dumb executors came back from the underground place.

-

"Fire dragon: roar!" I send an attack to the creepy guy and he uses "Gravity zone." For my attack to miss him. "It's useless!"

"Gosh I'm starving!" I yell and see Y/N smiling at me. I give her a toothy grin and we continue fighting him. "We can't stay here for much longer, Natsu. If we don't so something, time will run out and we'll end up..." She warns me.

"Go, I'll handle it." I assure her. She grabs her cloak and clips it back on, placing the hood over her head. As she's running and I'm fighting, more guards come again. "I'm tired! It's time for execution!" I shout in anger and taking out the guards. Then I notice, all the guards and executors are being slowly being covered in something black.

They slowly start being swallowed into the ground.

-

- Future Y/N's p.o.v -

"W-what is this? A shadow?" I question as I see black all over the floor.

"What's going on?" Natsu asks. And then a figure starts emerging from the shadows.

"Be careful!" Lucy warns.

"Who are you?" Natsu asks as we get a better view of the stranger.

"To where do the shadows stretch? The past, the future... or the hearts of people?" I hear Natsu gasps as the person takes steps closer and closer. "This bring back memories, Natsu Dragneel." They smirk at Natsu. "I've come from further ahead in time. I'm Rogue."

"Rogue? You're Rogue?" Natsu asks.

"The Sabertooth member?" Wendy asks next.

"You came here from the future?"

"So I'm not the only one?" I say quietly to myself.

"Why?" Happy asks.

"You took out all the soldiers for us, are you here to help us?" Natsu asked, "You seem different." He adds.

"I came to open the gate." Rogue tells us.

"The eclipse?!" Lucy exclaims.

He starts explaining, "The Eclipse has two different uses. Past. Future. It can be used as a time travel device... or as an offensive weapon known as Eclipse Cannon. It's one and only way to defeat the ten thousand dragons."

"Oh it's simple, then! You're on our side!" Natsu cheers. Happy joins him, "Hooray! We can beat the dragon!"

"No, it isn't that simple." Rogue shuts them down. "I came from seven years in the future. Seven years from now, dragons rule the world."

"Th-then what about the people that survive?" Wendy asked.

"Not even 10% of humanity survives and the Eclipse doesn't have as much power as it does now. Unless the dragons are killed here and now, everyone and everything is done for."

"So you're gonna open the gate and blast em, right?" Natsu clarifies.

"But seven years ago— in other words— someone stopped the gate from opening."

"Someone closed it?! Why would they do that?" Lucy asked.

"As a result, the gate never opened... and the Eclipse Cannon couldn't be fired at the 10,000 dragons. This person led the world to its destruction. I'm here to eliminate that obstacle."

Lily and Carla try telling him it's a bit too violent. That it's easier to just explain to them.

"Words aren't enough to prevent something like this. Even if I were to convince them, they'd still close the gate. It's set in stone... There is no escaping fate. Those who live, live. Those who die, die. Those who close the gate, will close the gate, as long as they're still alive."

"You're not making any sense. Who is this obstacle of yours?" Natsu asked.

"You...

LUCY HEARTFILIA."

And his shadow magic travels in form of a blade towards Lucy. I quickly run over and jump in front of her so the attack hits me instead.

"Wh-whoa! Y/N!" I hear Lucy yell.

"Y/N!!" I hear Happy scream and he heads towards me.

"Lucy and Y/N?!" Rogue exclaims, but his shocked expression turns to a look of satisfaction, "Guess there goes my next target. The one that controls the dragons..." He smirks.

"Lucy..." I say quietly.

"Don't talk!" She cries and I smile then grab her hand with her Fairy Tail insignia. I trace it with my fingers and start crying, tears streaming down my eyes. She looks down at my thigh, my (f/n) insignia gone. "Where's yours?" She asks.

I just smile and feel tiny hands being placed on my stomach. I turn my head to the side and see Happy cry. I place my hand on his cheek and stroke it, "Don't cry..." I smile.

"Y/N, please don't leave." He cries.

"I'm not going anywhere, Happy. My present self is still alive..." I tell him.

"Why didn't you eat the shadows?" He asks.

"I guess jumping in was the quickest option I had. I was never the smartest... Happy. Please, save the future." I smile as I close my eyes. "And the rest of you, I'm so happy I got to see you all one last time..." I open my eyes to look at Loke, Wendy, Lily, Carla, and Natsu. Then I close my eyes again, not opening them again after that.