Chapter 24: Erza Scarlet

The Master steps forward to me and I run to him, landing a hard punch to the jaw. Quickly I back the punch up with a kick to the gut. "Sky dragon: Roar!" There was a huge explosion and I waited for the smoke to clear to see what damage I did to him. When it cleared, the master was standing and a woman with long black hair had a force field to protect him.

"Let's stop all this right now." She said. The Master says, "Minerva!" With a bit of annoyance.

"My lady?" Sting questions.

"I didn't need you stepping in" The Master scolds her. She smiles wickedly, "No you didn't. You would've won if the match were to continue, father."

"Father?!" Natsu questions. He was quite angry she interrupted my fight.

Minerva continued, "If people were to figure out a master took down two of the participants, then that wouldn't look so good, would it? Will you allow us to show face?" She glares at me confidently.

She's right. If I would've won, it wouldn't look good for Fairy Tail. If he would've won, it wouldn't look good for Sabertooth. I step back and agree. Natsu growled and gets ready to attack Minerva. Before he could, Minerva placed her hands together and both Bonnie and Happy appeared in her hands.

"If so, I'll return these kitties unharmed." She says. Happy's crying while Bonnie gives a 'I'm sorry we got caught' smile. They were tied up in thick rope. "We're willing to overlook what happened."

I agree to her deal and both the exceeds come running to us. Natsu picks up both of them and I could feel him get angrier.

"Let's go." I tell them through gritted teeth.

"Aye." Happy said sadly.

As we're walking out, the master says, "Those kids have grit."

"It'll all be settled during the games." Minerva tells him. I stop and turn around to face, "I guess we will have to settle at the games. We're not losing. And take care of your comrades... that's what guilds are supposed to do." I smirk before turning back and leaving.

-

"You did what?!" Laxus yells at me as I arrive back to my room. I chuckle awkwardly, "...Sorry?"

"Why didn't you get me to tag along?! I've been wanting to beat some of those tigers." Gajeel exclaims.

"Yeah well this bitch got in the way before I could hurt the master." I tell him. Cana and Mira then enter the room.

"Where's Jellal?" I ask.

"He's out and I'm in." Cana answers before jumping on what was Jellal's bed.

The next day we went back to the arena. I looked at Sabertooth's booth and saw Minerva was now there.

"Alright! Welcome back everyone to day three of the Grand Magic Games! Today's special guest is Lahar from Magic Council. Today's event is called Pandemonium. Teams, choose your participants."

"I vote Cana or Y/N." Mira says. I look at Cana to figure out which one of us is going. Cana stands heads down to the arena. I see Fairy Tail A choosing Erza.

"Why's Jellal not here, again?" Mira asks.

"I'm assuming because someone from the Magic Council is the guest judge." I respond. We all watched as Cana wobbled down.

"Was it a good idea to send her down there?" Laxus says as he watches Cana walk. Mira giggles. I see Obra, Orga, Jura, Millianna, and some guy from Quatro Cerberus go down. That's a strong bunch.

"All participants have been choosen!"

A black castle appears in the middle of the arena. They must be using a lot of magic for these games.

"Pandemonium! A temple haunted by monsters." The pumpkin announces.

"There are 100 monsters inside. They are magical opponents created by us, so no damage to anyone except the member inside. Monsters are ranked, D,C,B,A, and S. 50 D's, 30 C-class, 15 B-class, 4 A-Class, and one S Class." A lacrima screen appears in front of us and gives us a look of what's inside. The D Class monsters were huge and scary. I can only imagine how big the S-Class will be.

"In order, each of you will choose how many monsters to go against. If you choose three, three monsters will appear for battle. If the player successfully beats them, they get three points. The next player has a choice of up to 97 monsters. So on until there is zero monsters left. The monsters are random, so the S-Class can appear randomly."

"Once you've entered the temple, you can't leave until you get beaten or until you run out of magic. Alright, let's choose the order."

The pumpkin goes around and makes the players choose a stick with a number. Erza was first to draw and a magic circle appeared at the end of the stick that read, '1.' And Cana chooses 8. Erza walked to the end of the stair case. I can see the determination on her face.

"All 100 monsters will be my opponents." She announces. The entire stadium was filled with gasps. Fairy Tail starts laughing, not expecting anything less from Erza.

"Now I wish I had gone down there." I say.

"100?! It wasn't made for one person to destroy them all at once." The pumpkin argues.

Erza hits back with, "I don't care. I execute my right to fight all 100 monsters." Stubborn like the rest of her team. I watched as Erza confidently walked into the temple, ready to destroy all 100 monsters.

"My name is Erza Scarlet of Fairy Tail A and I challenge all 100 monsters." She shouted.

"Does Erza intend to take out all 100 by herself?!" Gajeel asked and I nod.

"I've known Erza for years. When she sets her mind to something, she does it without fail." I answer and both Laxus and Mira back me up on that. I follow up and say, "I would've done the same thing."

Laxus smirked, "This should be interesting."

"Requip!" Erza yells.