Chapter 10: Devils Risen

After the fight, Natsu had to be taken to the infirmary. Apparently, according to some, I had gone a bit overboard. And no one made any money from the bet since everyone knew I'd be winning. Even Happy voted for you. "You're very powerful!" Jade compliments and takes a drink of her water. It's her and I seated at a table. Bonnie had gone out with Carla and Wendy.

"Thanks, but I guess Natsu's all beat up now. I think it's best I check up on him." I stand up from my seat and start walking to the infirmary.

-

Jade also stands from the table and walks over to the bar. She orders a refill and while both Kinana and Mira were turned, Jade plants a device under the counter. And once they turn back around, she smiles at them as if nothing happened. No, it was not a bomb. More of a hearing device. It could hear a conversation from any room.

Jade went back to the table and placed on a set of matching earrings. She could hear anything as long as those are in.

She started listening to Natsu and Y/N's conversation.

"Hey that was closer than last time! I almost got a hit on you!" Natsu yells at Y/N. Y/N laughs at the sight of Natsu wrapped up bandages.

"Maybe next time, Natsu." Y/N smiles at the pink head and pats his head.

"Also, that Jade girl, who is she exactly?" Natsu asks Y/N.

"I've never met her while living in Cornelia, but she said she has met my sister before, or she said she was close with my sister." said Y/N.

"I've never heard anything about your past. Like where you grew up, who are your parents, who was your dragon, what type of dragon slayer are you exactly." Natsu tells her.

"Well you know that saying. If I told you, I'd have to kill you," Y/N winks, "But I can tell you about Cornelia. Not many people know about my town. You don't find it on a map or anything. And a dark guild came, I think it was called Fallen Angels, came and burned it all down. Some people were captured, most were killed though. I managed to hide, being small and all, and I ran. Stuff happened and now we're here."

"What about your dragon?! That's all I want to know!" Natsu yells.

"That's a secret. Someday I'll tell you about that, but for now, you'll have to stay curious." Y/N says as she stands up from the chair in the infirmary.

"Did he leave July 7 on 777?" Natsu asks before Y/N left the infirmary.

"Yes." Y/N says and leaves the infirmary. She walks back to Jade.

"Sorry I left you, just had to apologise to Natsu for going a bit too rough on him." Y/N apologises.

"It's okay. Something I've been meaning to ask about, but I don't know if you'd be comfortable answering." Jade starts, "How did you learn your dragon slayer magic?"

Y/N is a bit shocked by the question, but answers it, trying not to give away much information. "A dragon. After the attack on Cornelia, I met a real dragon that trained me and took care of me."

"Really? I didn't know dragon's still existed. I'm impressed. Your sister would be very proud of you." Jade says.

"I'm almost certain I knew everyone in Cornelia. It's a small town and my parents were friends with everyone. Plus, my sister never talked much about you." Y/N starts lying out her suspicion,

Before Jade could say anything, Erza came to their table. "Y/N we've been wanting to go on a mission, and would love if you join us." Erza hands a job sheet to Y/N.

TAKE DOWN A DARK GUILD

"I'm surprised we have a request like this, since we're the weakest guild now." Y/N voices her opinion.

"It came as a surprise to us too. It was on the 2nd floor. What do you think? In or not?" She asks. Y/N looks over at Jade.

"If Jade tag alongs." Y/N tells Erza. Erza looks at Jade, "Of course." And so Team Natsu gets ready to head to their first job since Tenrou. Lucy, Gray, Wendy, Natsu, and Y/N.

-

"Pleasee!" Natsu begs for Y/N to heal him of his motion sickness.

"I'm saving my energy." Y/N declines.

"Sit next to me." Erza says. Lucy and Natsu switch seats so Natsu could sit next to Erza. And once their seat switches, Erza knocks him unconscious. "Put him out of his misery." Erza explains to Jade why she did what she did.

"What's the name of the guild?" Gray asks from beside Y/N.

"Devils Risen. All that's stated is the name. Not much information on the guild besides that." Erza explains to the gang.

"Their name sounds a bit lame." Lucy says and the others agree.

-

They reach the town in which the dark guild is located. "The mayor sent out the request?" Lucy asks Erza and Erza nods as they head towards the mayor's house.

"Was sent years ago apparently." Erza shows the date in which the job was sent out to everyone. The job was sent our seven years ago. And the reasons it's still up, is because no one has taken it yet. Which is a bit strange.

Erza then stops us all when we reach the huge building.

Jade didn't enter after the rest.

"C'mon, Jade." Y/N says and Jade walks into the building. A maid leads the team to the Mayor's office. The mayor looks a bit surprised that a team of wizards showed up to his place.
Erza introduces all of them.

"That's a bit odd since I do not remember sending out a request about a dark guild. I do recognise that Devils Risen is a problem, but I never reached out for help to any guild. I sent a request to the magic council, though." The mayor explains.

"That is weird." Lucy mumbles. The mayor looks all of us and when he's eyes reach Jade, they widen and he starts to mumble out things. Jade seems confused.

"Y-you-" He's cut off when the house suddenly explodes. Natsu sensed it just in time, so he grabs the mayor and covers him. While Y/N eats up all the flames. They look around the area to see that Jade is nowhere to be found. Until looking all around the other building, Y/N sees Jade being taken away by someone else.