Chapter 39: The Grand Banquet

"I don't think I like this." I tell Lucy and Yukino as we try on dresses for the Grand Banquet going on later.

"Now that I see it on you, doesn't suit you. Not that you aren't beautiful, it's that it just doesn't fit your personality." Lucy states her opinion.

"Here's another one, Y/N!" Yukino brings another dress. A black dress with blue at the bottom .The sleeves are spaghetti strapped and it looks incredible. My eyes start to sparkle once they lay on the dress.

"That one!" I yell and grab the dress from her, rushing to the fitting room to change.

I come out and both Yukino and Lucy squeal. "Looks good!" They both give me thumbs up. I walk in front of the mirror and admire the dress. I do a spin and I feel like a princess. "Wow Yukino, it's like you know me so well!" I thank her. She smiles at her and we leave the shop. After paying for the dress of course.

-

"Cutie!" Bonnie compliments me after my hair got done by Cancer. Cancer disappears and I admire the hairstyle. It was simple. Like my makeup and dress. Just how I like things. Simple.

"Are you ready?" I ask Bonnie. She nods and I take her in my arms, stepping in the castle. It's filled already with wizards that helped with the dragons. I let Bonnie down and she goes to her exceed friends. I look around the room and see everyone having a good time.

Ever since the games started, this is the first time I see everyone actually getting along. It was nice. I walk up to a table and grab a glass of champagne, walking up to Erza.

"Y/N! About time." She said.

"Yeah, sorry," I look around and see no Natsu, "Erza... where's Natsu?"

"Come to think of it... I haven't seen him at all." She answers. We change topic and have a small conversation until Kagura and Mermaid Heel comes. I leave the scene, to not disturb their private conversation.

I walk to the food table and grab a chicken leg, stuffing it into my mouth. "Y/N, Natsu, let's have a drink!" I hear. I turn and it's Sting with three glasses and a bottle of champagne.

"Natsu isn't here right now." I tell him, but take the glass and champagne from his hand and serving myself some.

"Where is he? I was hoping I can have a drink with you two and discuss your victory at the Grand Magic Games." Sting said.

"I don't know where he is, but I'll happily have a drink with you," I wink and hold up my glass. He agrees and takes the champagne bottle and serves himself some, setting the other glass down to free his hands. He sets his glass up and we clink glasses.

"To a new friendship between fairies and tigers!" He cheers and we both drink down our champagne.

"Y'know I've been wanting to tell you something... Y/N." He rubs the back of his neck and his eyes are looking down.

"Tell me anything, Sting." I tell him and serve myself more champagne.

"It's okay."

"I'm sorry...?" Not understanding what he's trying to say.

"I know you like Natsu. I could tell at the Grand Magic Games," He starts.

"Wha—!" I blush.

"And I'm telling you it's okay... to not choose me." He finishes.

"Not choose you?"

He nods, "If I were to ask you to go on a date with me, you'd be conflicted right? Not wanting to hurt me because of your feelings for Natsu."