Chapter 17: Sting Eucliffe

A/N: I'm working on a Sting x Reader modern au! How does that sound?

-

I got off the train and start roaming around the city for our hotel. "How does it feel like not participating in the games?" Bonnie asks as she walks alongside me.

I sigh, "Not gonna lie, I kinda wanted to compete. But I guess I'll settle for the reserved member."

I sat in front of Master's desk. "Y/N, I'm sure you're highly disappointed with the both teams."

I clarify, "Not disappointed. Just really wanted to get in on the competition."

"You were supposed to compete instead of Jellal, but we need him on the team, so he can investigate the mysterious magic from the inside. I'll set you up as the reserve member."

"I'll take it." I smile.

-

"Do you even know where we're going?" Bonnie asks me as I walk around Crocus confused. I shake my head and pull the map from my backpack. "Why should we even go to the hotel? Didn't you say Gajeel already brought our stuff here yesterday?" Bonnie asks another question.

"Yeah, but I'm really tired." I tell Bonnie.

"C'mon! Crocus is beautiful and there's so much to explore." Bonnie takes out her wings and takes the map from my hands to read it and starts leading the way

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask about your transformation magic." I tell Bonnie as we walk through the city. She smiles over her shoulder and hands me the map. She steps a couple feet away from me and her wings cover her whole body. And this whole point everyone around us stopped and looked at us after they sensed magical energy.

Bonnie then grew in size and she was no longer an exceed. She was human. Her fur turned into long blonde hair and tied itself into a high ponytail. Her tail stayed so did her ears. Her outfit changed as well. It was now a yellow sweater, black skirt, and long black boots.

"You're human?!" I exclaim and she laughs. She was still tinier and younger than me. Duh.

"This is the only transformation I could learn according to Lily!" She informs me.

"Lily knows transformation magic?"

"I guess technically no. In the end I went with Mira, Lisanna, Elfman, and Cana. Mira-san taught me this. Do you like it?" And she spins.

"You're adorable." I bent over and pinched her cheeks.

-

Bonnie had gone back to normal, since she said she doesn't transform unless necessary. We went around shops and bought a couple of things. "Crocus is known for their flowers!" Bonnie informs me and grabs a flower crown from a stand and placed it on herself. I grab one too and place it on my head.

Then all of a sudden, both mine and Bonnie's stomach rumbles. "I think it's time to eat." I say. Bonnie agrees and we search the map for a restaurant. "Here!" Bonnie points at an 8Islands. I agree and we make our way.

-

When arriving, we check through the glass doors and see it's full. Or more like people are circling around one place. "What's going on?" Bonne asks. I shrug and push the doors open. No one pays attention to Bonnie and I and we walk to the counter. At the counter, we try catching a glimpse of what's going on in the circle.

Bonnie hops on my head and stands up. "Y/N i-its—!" And the everyone in the circle moves aside. My eyes widen when I meet the eyes of

Sting Eucliffe.

"Y/N?!" He yells.

"Sting!" I step closer to him and he takes a step closer to me. "You've grown up so much, Sting!" I add. He smiles at me and Lector appears at his feet.

"Y/N! Bonnie!" He says and hugs my leg. Bonnie comes down and embraces Lector. Sting and I hold eye contact before he speaks up, "W-wanna grab a bite? My treat." He offers.

-

I burp and drop my napkin on the table. "You don't look any older than the last time I saw you." He points out.

"Oh that's because we haven't aged in seven years." I answer and both him and Lector gasp.

"So wait! I'm older?!" Sting yells and I nod. Then a grin grows on his face, "That also means in the seven years you were gone, I surpassed you in magic!"

I sweat drop and say, "I-I don't think so."

"Then fight him!" Lector yells.

"Now?" Bonnie asks and Lector nods.

"Sting is apart of the strongest five of the strongest guild Fiore." Lector states.

"Sabertooth?" I ask and Sting shows me the emblem on his shoulder. A white Sabertooth emblem.

"I'm glad you found a guild, but I'm not really in the mood to fight." I tell both him and Lector.

"Scared? I'll just show you how much stronger I've gotten during the Grand Magic Games, by destroying Fairy Tail." Sting says.

I smirk, "Fine I'll fight you Sting."

"That's right. That's Sting-sama to the both of you. Don't forget that I'm older than you now." He adds on. We stand up from our table and find a nice place to battle.

"And I'm not holding back." Sting warns me before our match starts.

"Please don't." I tell him. Bonnie and Lector stand aside. Then Lector starts the match. Sting launches at me with a fist full of magic. I moved aside before he hits me and knee him in his stomach. And once he's bent over, I move swiftly behind him and stomp on his back, causing his back to bend and he falls, getting a face full of dirt.

"I t-tap out." He mumbles.

"You may be older, Sting-sama, but you look up to me." I wink.