Chapter 62: Memento Mori

a/n: if there's errors, i'm sorry. i was writing on my laptop, but suddenly wattpad started messing up on there. i'm using my phone.

-

We stand ready and all charge at the same time. Mard Geer release thorns on both our sides. Natsu manages to burn half and Gray the other. The ground shakes from underneath my feet. I jump into the air and thorns come out. I stick my palms out a blue ray shoots out, causing them to disintegrate.

Mard Geer uses his wings to fly above us. With one hand he grabs Natsu by the head and uses his other to grab Gray. He flies them up. I suck in air. "Black Dragon's: Roar!" I hit him directly and cause him to drop Gray and Natsu.

They crash hard. "You could've made it safer for us to land!" The two shout at me. "Shut up, be grateful that I helped you out." I tell them.

The two charge up fist and charge at Mard Geer, slamming his face into the ground. He grabs their faces and smashes them. He then begins charge a white ray at us. It sent us flying back. Natsu immediately stood up. "Fire Dragon Roar!" Natsu shouts. Mard Geer dodges.

"Ice Devil's Rage!" Gray used his breath attack and Mard Geer managed to dodge that too. "Dea Yggdrasil!" Mard Geer casts. It created a massive spinning sphere from his hand and then an immense wooden beam is fired at us.

"Black Dragon's: Fist!" I hit the beam and it shatters into pieces.

"Ice Make: Gungnir!" Gray cast and it releases a gigantic lance out of ice with Natsu into it. Once Natsu shattered the ice and was at Mars Geer's level, he casted, "Fire Dragon Brilliant Flame!" It sent Mard Geer crashing down.

However when smoke clears, we see him still standing.

"Long ago... magic was born from the "primordial magic." Eventually the magic developed along a myriad of separate paths. From its history, E.N.D discovered that magic held potential for something new...Curses. Fueled by woo, spite, envy, and hatred. With these negative emotions comes energy... The energy that makes up the essence of life." Mard Geer.

I notice something in the corner of my eye. I look down and see a dark mist at our feet. It comes closer and closer to us. I couldn't move and neither could the other two. "The power of curses supreme above all." Mard Geer says as it engulfs us. "This is the ultimate curse, designed to destroy Zeref!"

I scream out trying to escape, but I can't. Ghost like figures start coming towards us. I close my eyes. Memento Mori. I open my eyes and I'm cowering behind Natsu after Gray saved us. I'm a bit taken aback by his appearance. His body is covered in black splotches.

"Gray!" I call out as he collapses.

I look at Natsu and screams out Gray's name. Mard Geer changes back to his Tartaros from. When I look back at Natsu, I see scales on his face. Mard Geer charges at us, but before he could reach us, Natsu sends him far back with a punch.

The dragon force used to defeat Tsubaki. I'm only supposed to use it once. All 3 dragon slayer arts can only be used once. That's what Acnologia told me at least. Why not try again?

I close my eyes and breath in and out. That's when I feel it. I feel myself changing. I open my eyes once dragon force was activated. I just can't lose control. I spread my wings and fly up to Mard Geer. I come up beside him and kick him, sending him flying far back.

"Y/n." I hear Natsu say my name.

"Igneel Style Dragon Slayer Secret Art: Hidden Fire Form Flame Lotus Phoenix Sword!" Natsu charges. His flames were different. They were yellow and bright. He strikes Mard Geer.

Mard Geer growls. He grabs Natsu as his scales disappear and he free falls. "Begone!" Mard Geer shouts.

"Gray! Y/N!" Natsu shouts.

Gray unleashes his bow and arrow and I shout, "Queen Dragon's Secret Art: Shiriusuburakku!" I release a dark yet bright ray from the palms of my hands and towards Mard Geer. They both hit him head on. He drops Natsu and I immediately fly in and scoop him up.

"You're kind of sexy in dragon force." Natsu compliments. I laugh and set Natsu down gently. I crouch and just stare at him. I'm looking right at him, but I don't feel myself changing back to normal. "It's not over until I destroy E.N.D." Gray says.

Natsu says, "Oh yeah! Igneel told me to get that book for him!"

"Sorry, but I'm destroying it." Gray states and holds up in the book. Natsu gets up and looks at Gray. I was too focused on switching back to care about their problem right now. I keep thinking of Bonnie and everyone in Fairy Tail.

The ground then starts to shake. "Is this Face?" I hear Natsu question. I feel myself getting weaker. I'm guessing it activated since my dragon force disappeared on its own.

"This is just the beginning. Magic extinguishment will eventually produce the energy of "nothingness" that will revive E.N.D." Mard Geer tells us.

Suddenly something crashes. In front of me is Acnologia. Igneel then comes and lands on top of him. "Do not give up, humans." Igneel says. I stare blankly at Acnologia. "The dragons are free... and now soar the skies of Ishgar." Igneel says.

"E.N.D's revival has stopped. We have won." Igneel announces. I hear Igneel explain about the dragons being inside the dragon slayers. "We were kept inside you to prevent you from turning into dragons, the way this former Dragon Slayer, Acnologia, did." Igneel told us. As Igneel is about to provide the 2nd reason as to why they were inside, Acnologia starts to move.

Acnologia flies up and Igneel follows. "Get the book!" Igneel orders Natsu.

-

3rd p.o.v

"I won't let these Dragon Slayers meet the same fate! They were once human too!" Igneel tells Acnologia.

"One day these dragon slayers will fall. Fall by the hands of my pupil." Acnologia tells Igneel.

"She's a dragon slayer. Meant to slay dragon, not humans!" Igneel says.

"I raised her to slay dragons, yes. Her first intention though is to slay the dragon slayers. The only people in my way."

-

"Quit fooling around." Sting says to Gray and Natsu who are fighting over the book. The book then vanishes from Gray's hands.

"Gray!" Natsu shouts.

"It wasn't me!" Gray shouts back.

"I believe this belongs to me." We look at the direction of the voice and see Zeref walking towards us with the book in his hand.