Chapter 43: A Fairy Tail Christmas

This chapter is for: @pug_luv257

> Christmas!

Christmas. Bonnie and I's favorite time of the year. Usually around this time we spend
the days shopping or decorating. Not cleaning. While Bonnie was outside watching the tree being lifted in front of Kardia Cathedral, Lucy, Juvia, and I were inside sweeping. I groan as Cana and Master order us around while they sit and do nothing, but drink.

"They're drinking up to morning!" Lucy whines, feeling the same way as me.

"Whats wrong with that? It's Christmas Eve." Juvia said, having no problem with Cana and Master.

"It's not even nighttime yet." I say.

"Hey! Where are you cleaning?" I hear Natsu's voice say. I look up and then hear Gray's voice. Lastly, Gajeel's voice. I think they're cleaning the bell.

"Today is a special day for lovers!" Juvia cheers.

Lucy and I look up at the boys then at each other before Lucy says, "I doubt those three understand anything about romance." While I sweep, I bet Bonnie is having a good time helping decorate the tree. I try sweeping as fast as possible, so I can get this done and help with the tree.

Erza takes Lucy and gets Elfman to lift statues, so they can clean under. While I was sweeping, I hear Elfman scream. When I look over, Elfman is about to drop a statue. I gasp as it starts falling and about to land on me. Thanks to my reflexes, I catch it before it hurts me.

"Be careful, Elfman!" I scold.

"Well done, Y/N!" I hear Erza yell at me.

"I can see Gray-sama's beautiful butt from here!" I hear Juvia squeal. I walk over to her and look up. All the boys are cleaning the bell and Gray is just wearing underwear. I sweat dropped.

> time skip

As I'm walking back home with Bonnie, we both stop when we hear the Cathedral bell ring. "Isn't that supposed to ring at night?" Bonnie asks and I nod. Bonnie grabs me and starts flying me up to bell. We made it right when Erza made it on top too.

Natsu looked like he was about to puke, Gray was covering Natsu's mouth, and Gajeel was just swinging along. "Guys—!" Before I could do anything, the bell snaps off what's holding it and falls. The bell shatters and ruins the floor beneath it.

"Our hard work..." I sigh as we start heading down to see all the damage the boys just caused. Cana was still happily drinking while Master was freaking out over the damage just done.

"Fix it at once!" Erza orders and everyone puts their heads together to fix the bell to ring at night and the floor. It was possible and we managed to fix it and hang it back up right at nighttime. We admire the tree down below. I shined brightly in front of the Cathedral.

"Let's go party!" Natsu suggests.

"Yay! A Christmas party!" The rest of us cheer.

Right at midnight, Erza stops walking and we all look at her confused. "I've been waiting.... all year to say this.... Merry Christmas!" She shouts.

"Merry Christmas!" The rest of us say back.

> time skip

"Why my house?!" I yell as we're the front steps of my apartment in Fairy Hills.

"Your house is the most Christmas-sy one! It's fine!" Natsu tells me.

I sigh as Natsu kicks my apartment dorm open and they all start setting things up. "I'll clean tomorrow." Bonnie says, trying to make me feel better about the party being at our place.