Chapter 6: Acnologia

A/N: if you are not caught up in fairy tail, then i suggest skipping this chapter :)

stop reading this chapter starting NOW:

2nd A/N: Acnologia is human, if you guys didn't know.

***

- Age: 6

"Get her!" The store cashier yells as I run out of the store with a bag of food. I crash into some people trying to escape the guards after me.

Me? I'm only six, but I'm already known as the town thief.

"Bonnie!" I yell. I stop running and look up to see Bonnie. She comes down and wraps her tail around me, lifting me up into the sky. Guards shoot magic towards Bonnie to bring her down, but thankfully she dodges all of them.

Once we reach our hiding spot, she drops me. It was small cave we found. I enter it after she does and we both push a huge boulder to use as a door. It got dark immediately. I open the bag of things I managed to grab and thankfully I managed to steal a candle. With small lights cracking through the boulder, I walk over to it and open a spell book.

Fire.

I read over the spell a couple of times to memorize. Then I came back to the candle and cast it. The candle lights up. "What else did you get?" Bonnie asks. I let out everything in the bag.

A lot of apples for Bonnie, some candy and sweets, vegetables, two water bottles, some jewels, and that was it.

"More than last time." She says. I nod, but I'm not satisfied with how much I got.

Two years ago, my village was attacked by some dark guild. Since the age of five I've been doing this. Surviving on my own. While escaping the flames, I managed to steal a spell from one of the people and I've survived with that. Bonnie came to me last year. I found a huge egg and I kept it.

Now we're both wanted by this town. Until we have enough jewels, we'll travel far away from here. Hopefully find an actual home. We're both sitting in silence when we hear the boulder move. I stand in front of Bonnie and get my spell book ready.

The boulder is pushed completely. A man peaks his head in. He has spiked midnight hair and he looks young. "I'm sorry. I didn't expect people to be here." He says and gets ready to close up the boulder again. I run out the small cave, "Who are you?" I ask.

He looks at me for a while, not answering. I open the spell book and start searching for something quickly. "You're a wizard?" He asks.

I make a fist, leaving my index and middle finger out. I cast a fire spell and it goes towards him. I think I hit him directly until I realise he's eating my flames. "Wha-" The smoke clears and there's not even a scratch on him.

"I'm Acnologia... and you are gifted." He tells me. Bonnie comes out and lands on my shoulder,

"What's your name?" He asks me.

"Y/N... why are you here?" I ask him.

"I'm on an adventure. To kill dragons." He smirks.

"Dragons aren't alive anymore, they died ages ago." I say.

"They're still some alive and I'm looking around to kill them. All one by one, they'll fall by my hands." He tells me. Creepy. I get weird vibes off him. "And for a little girl, I sense a lot of power coming from you."

It's quiet for a second. "... I don't think I have much time left though, as human." He tells me. For a split second, I don't feel creepy vibes from him anymore. "How about you tag along with me? I'm sure it beats living in a cave."

"Really? You'd take Bonnie and I?" I ask him with so much happiness. It's been a while since I've been with someone. My mom, dad, and sister were lost in the attack.

"Of course. I can even teach you how to use dragon slayer magic. And more than that. Dark magic, light magic, you'd be able to use everything." He promises. He smiles at me. I felt so comfortable around him again.

"What do you think?" I whisper to Bonnie. She looks just as excited as me. She nods her head.

"Alright. We'll come along." I say. Acnologia smiles at me.

-

"So much walking." I whine as we climb up a huge mountain. We've been travelling with him for a while, and he wasn't bad. He took care of Bonnie and I well. And learning Dragon Slaying magic was pretty cool.

Sky was the easiest to dragon slaying magic to learn. And currently he was teaching me ice magic. Which explains us climbing this huge mountain covered in snow.

"We're here." He says as we reach the top. He takes his bag off and turns around to look at Bonnie and I.

"Acnologia, there's... blue stuff on your face." I say. He opens his bag and pulls out a small mirror. Blue markings were on his face. He sighs, "Like I said, I don't have a lot of time left."

"Now take off your coat." He instructs me.

"It's too cold though." I shiver. He laughs, "Trust me." I do as told and I'm still super cold. Then he starts talking to me about ice magic. In order to master it, I have to get used to the coldest of weathers.

"Ready?" He asks and I nod.

-

Acnologia had changed. I was 8 now. A year of travelling with him had gone by. He got mad easier, sometimes he would skip out on teaching me, marking started growing all over his body, his hair got longer and longer, and it scared me.

His appearance didn't bother me. I was scared I was going to lose him.

"I'm starving!" Bonnie complains. I start stroking her fur to calm her down. Acnologia had gone for food. It's actually taking him longer than usual. "I'm sure he's almost back." I assure her.

Then we hear a huge roar. And I recognise the scent. I look up and see a huge black and blue dragon. The blue markings are familiar to me as well. My eyes widen and so do Bonnie's. Tears start filling up my eyes.

He roars again and it destroys all the trees around us. "Acnologia!" I yell. He roars yet again and it's hard to keep my balance. I'm not going to slay you, Acnologia.

"Bonnie, fly me to him." I say. Bonnie hesitates at first, but wraps her tail around me and does as told. She drops me on top of him. Acnologia roars as he feels me being set on him.

"Acnologia! Wake up, I know you're in there!" I yell. He roars, but it's not as strong as last time. "C'mon, don't leave me now." I beg. Acnologia shakes around, trying to get me to fall off, but my grip is surprisingly strong.

"Acnologia! I know there's still some human left in you." I cry. Slowly, he start getting smaller and weaker. He starts falling straight to the ground. I scream as we're going down and Bonnie starts flying to us to catch us. On our way down, Acnologia becomes human again. He grabs me and holds me tight until Bonnie catches us.