Chapter Two: S-Class Trials

"And Mest!" The Master announces the participants of the S-Class trials. It's been a week since I came back and a lot has happened. I learned a lot of new information. I saw Lisanna again. It was crazy. Finally, though, the reason I came back for. The S-Class trials.

I participated a year before I left. Wasn't the easiest, but it was very fun. Natsu was my partner and I was honestly surprised I won. I think it was all thanks to him. Now it's time for him to join me.

All the participants start choosing their partners. I go up to Natsu, who's with Bonnie and Happy. "Have you chosen who your partner will be?" I ask him.

"Happy, of course!" He says.

"Uh really? What if it's a tag battle?" I ask.

"Happy can fight alongside me. And hopefully I get to beat your ass." He threatens.

"If I remember the last time we fought, I kicked your ass. And if I remember correctly, you couldn't walk right for a week." I reply.

"That was two years ago, I'm stronger now." He tells me.

"I've gotten stronger too. I'll fight you after you become an S-Class wizard." I tell him and extend my hand out for him to shake. He shakes my hand and heads off to practice with Happy.

-

"Please!" Natsu begs Wendy and I to heal him of his motion sickness.

"Technically I'm not allowed to help you the second we got on this ship. Wendy can if she wants to, but she's technically helping the enemy." I explain to him. He groans and continues suffering on the ride.

"Why are you on the boat with us? Aren't the other S-Class wizards on the island already?" Lucy asks me.

"I'm not in the trials, I guess you could say. I'm here to help once you get out. Here to heal you, cook, set up base, all that stuff." I explain to her.

"It's so hot!" Happy whines. The ride was hot and all of us were in swimsuits. Being an elemental dragon slayer, I don't really get cold or hot.

"Man I wish Bonnie came." I sigh.

"She's with Lily and Carla, I'm sure she's not lonely." Wendy tells me.

"Who's that?!" Bonnie asks me and points at a black exceed with a dude that had long black hair.

"From what Lucy told me, that's Gajeel, an iron dragon slayer, and the exceed is Panther Lily." I tell her.

They start walking in our direction and Bonnie squeals, "He's coming!" She says and fixes her posture. I'm positive her crush isn't on Gajeel.

Ooo. Lily.

"You're a dragon slayer?" Gajeel asks me. I nod and he takes a seat across from us. He starts talking to me about his dragon and shit. Lily was trying to spark a conversation with Bonnie, but Bonnie seemed nervous.

Hehe. Now it's time to tease her.

"Yeah, but she loves Tenrou Island. She loves exploring the place, I'll be lonely at base." I whine. The ship then comes to a stop and Master Makarov stands on a platform.

"First challenge coming up, you brats!" He says and everyone gets alert. Now that the ship has stopped, Natsu is feeling better. Master points to the island, "There is eight paths you will find on the island," Everyone looks at the island and Master continues,

"You must choose one. Only one team allowed per island. Out of the eight paths four are connected to another path so the teams that meet have to fight against each other to continue. Three of the paths have S-Class mages, you must fight and win in order to get through or that wizard can decide if you are worthy to pass through. Then there's a lucky path, where you go straight through. And the trials start now!" He announces. Happy grabs Natsu and starts flying him off the ship.

However, they crash against an invisible wall. An enchantment by Freed. "No worries! You will only stay for five minutes." He yells as him and Bickslow fly over to the island.

"Is that allowed?!" Natsu asks me and I shrug, "If Master hasn't said anything then yes, it is allowed."

"I can rewrite it!" Levy says and starts working her brain. Everyone waits for her to rewrite is so they could all go. However, once rewritten she says, "For Gajeel and I." And they hop off the ship. Next to rewrite the enchantment was Evergreen. She writes it for herself and Elfman.

"I guess we wait for the remainder of the time." Lisanna sighs and everyone takes a seat.

"I think I'm going to island to set up base." I inform Master and jump off the ship. The enchantment only says participants are not to leave the ship. I start my swim to the island.

-

Once base was set, I set up a lacrima screen for Master and I to watch the other contestants. "E! Happy cause E stands for Erza and I wanna show her how much stronger I am than her." Natsu tells Happy.

"Is Erza really in route E?" I ask Master and he
starts to laugh.

"Nope. That's Gildarts." He tells me. I'm dumbfounded.

"I guess Natsu isn't getting the second round." I sigh.

"No worries. Gildarts will decide that or not." Master tells me. "I remember when you were apart of the trials. I think we all expected you to not win." He tells me honestly.

"Thanks," I say sarcastically.

He continues, "You surprised us, though. And now, you're the strongest female wizard in Fairy Tail. Who knows, maybe you've passed Gildarts too."

"I seriously doubt that, but thanks Master." I smile. I start setting up some food and sit down next to Master to watch the battles.

"Did you find what you were looking for in the two years you were gone?" He suddenly ask.

"No." I reply and that was the end. We continue watching battles in silence. Eventually when all were done, Master left to meet the members that had passed to round two. Erza, Mira, Juvia, and Lisanna made their way to base and bandaged up any wounds they had.

I start having a really weird feeling. Something feels off about the island.